Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, December 29, 2018

I do not want to make this political...

It has been 12 days since my last post.  Have not been a particularly happy camper in the past couple of days so it sometimes helps to take a break.  Did I say "sometimes"?  Actually, I could just throw up every day at what is going on in our nation.  Since this is not a political blog,  I digress and will just limit myself to complaining (bi*ch#n&) about other things.

I finally took Mom to get her flu shot and since we only have three options in Del Rio (HEB, Walmart, and CVS) besides one's personal doctor...I decided to take her to CVS where they are less crowded. I was becoming impatient as we were the only ones there and yet it took over an hour to get her over 65 flu shot (there is a difference if you are younger). 

It turns out that Medicare (which covers it) said they would NOT because per their records she was in the hospital!  My mother is not or has not been in a hospital...thank goodness...in a long time!  I can not set the record straight because of the government shut down...which just makes my blood boil...again I will keep my mouth shut since I do not want to make this political.

It just makes my head spin at the thought that perhaps someone has stolen her identity and is using her benefits to be taken care of at some hospital in some unknown part of the country.  The young pharmacy assistant did not particularly put my mind to rest.  She told me of another case where two ladies in Del Rio had the exact same name and birth date but one was born in 1943 and another in 1973 and were having serious issues with their respective insurance companies.

Lucky for us, her secondary insurance picked up the bill and while I have sent several e-mails to Medicare, I have not had a response.

On a brighter note, we finally broke the under two dollar barrier for unleaded gasoline!!!



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

19 comments:

  1. I filled up for $1.83 yesterday in Weatherford. And I saw a place at $1.79 later that day.
    Sorry about your Gov't problems... good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the flu shot taken care of & I hope your Mom's hospital thing turns out to be a paperwork error.

    I figure if I even start down the political road on the blog...well that's a rabbit hole I don't need to go down.

    Gas in this part of Florida was $1.93 yesterday! If I hadn't filled up the RV before we parked I'd go get some now before it goes up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, politics and religion are a slippery slope that I don't want to go down either on my blog.

      Hopefully gasoline prices will continue to decrease and you can fill up at an even better price when you move on to your new adventure location.

      Delete
  3. I hate the red tap and hassles. It is much easier just to pay the bill and go home. Of course, I ain't no millionaire so, I just have to put up with the hassles. Good luck, hope you get it all straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No millionaire here either Dizzy so just have to put up with it and vent on my blog.

      Delete
  4. Best way to prevent identity theft, is to have a real low credit score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, RedEyeMule!

      Unfortunately when it comes to Medicare abuse/theft your credit score has nothing to do with it.

      Delete
  5. that is to scary that someone may be using your moms ID. And the answer from the pharmacy person isn't comforting at all. Just goes to show what morons are working for the gov. that the huge gap in years born wasn't noticed. And no I need not get started either on this crap.
    I hadn't noticed any prices in gas I guess when you don't need it you don't look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With as many doctors as she goes to who knows who could have gotten their hands on her medical data. It is increasingly frustrating when you can not clear up the matter because of a stupid govt shut down.

      Delete
    2. Yes it is. Today I checked gas prices we are still at $2.31

      Delete
    3. That is kind of high JO, usually your city and mine are close as far as gasoline prices go. Hopefully you will soon see a decrease.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year or Feliz Nuevo Anos!
    I've been seeing 1.69 here in Pasadena the last coupla days, I didn't think I'd see it under $2 again and we're inching close to a buck and a half, who'd a thunk it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well Redmike!

      Back when I lived in Houston I always found it odd that Pasadena where the gasoline is actually refined had the highest prices in the Greater Houston area. Glad that is not the case anymore.

      Delete
  7. I'm not gonna make this political but Happy New Year and Go SPURS Go. (I paid $1.71 today. Yay)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too Andy!

      During the holidays they were interviewing people gasing up at a San Antonio gasoline station. These sisters from Houston were driving to California and were elated at the low prices in the Alamo City.

      Aren't OUR Spurs playing great? Can hardly wait for tomorrow's game against the Trailblazers. I know Pop asked for people not to boo Kawhi...what are the odds that will not happen?

      Delete
    2. Ooops...meant to say the Toronto Raptors :D

      Delete
  8. I can completely understand the frustration with medical red tape, as well as the shutdown. I, too, don't want to get started on our failing electoral system and the awful govt we are having to put up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel for all those government workers who are not being paid and that will not be able to pay for their rent or home mortgages, food, car payment, utility bills and all those other items that a paycheck covers.

      Tomorrow the house and the senate will be sworn in and for once in two years I am actually hopeful for our country.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.