Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, December 14, 2018

Another windy day

Thursday we had wind gusts up to 59 mph registered at our local airport which is not far from mother's house. Today they were in the 40 mph range still too strong for my liking so basically, I wasted two days but there was no way I was going to go out in this kind of weather.

I know that if I still had DISH I would have been without cable or Internet service...so glad I ditched them. Was reading online about all the fallen trees, fences and power outages around town. This area is always the first to lose power so happy to report that we were not affected.

The winds subsided late this afternoon and I can now hear the neighbors' dogs barking...can not believe I prefer hearing that to the wind howling.  Even the noise from the train tracks is preferable.

Was wondering if other bloggers were experiencing a yellow message pop-up when you are answering individual comments?  It pops up really fast and then disappears so I have no idea what it says.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Yes the popup is about handling your comments and posts. It does not stay long so it must not be important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were able to read a lot more than I was able to.

      Delete
  2. Here's a comment, read the yellow pop up fast! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder why they bother with it since not many folks could even read a word of it and then it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had lots of rain but today is bright and sunny. Still a little on the cool side. Won't get back to near the 70's until Tuesday and Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad we missed the rain but it is still cool here.

      Delete
  5. When the wind is like that I don't leave my house either, all those nasty spours blowing around which can cause valley fever. Glad it has calmed down for you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought we were through with the winds but they will be back on Thursday :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.