Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Early start to my day

I once again hurt my back this weekend was in terrible pain and spent most of the time laying down on my zero gravity recliner popping Paracetamol. Unfortunately, it was all my fault as I spotted a perfectly good cinder block in the debris pile that hopefully, Pollito will one day take to the dump. I knew the minute I picked it up that I had made a mistake.

With Christmas coming up I had to get to the grocery store as soon as possible to avoid the masses. Today I felt better so made an early morning run to HEB.  Stopped at the Hot Pit Bar-b-q afterward and picked up a lunch plate for mother and a turkey leg for myself, it sure was good!  Was back home before noon.

I knew beer prices would be on the rise due to climate change and its effect on the barley crop but I did not expect it to go up so soon.  Since these days I can only lift a 6-pack I spotted a way cheaper beer Frio Light Pilsner for $$3.97.  I had bought some a couple of years ago when HEB first started carrying it in their stores...back then it sold in 30 packs ...somewhere in this blog is a picture of it along with the very affordable price.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.
                             

14 comments:

  1. Sure hope your back heals quickly no fun there. At least you were well enough to make it to the store.
    Stop lifting heavy things! But I know it's easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to make sure we had enough food on hand in case I was under the weather again. For myself I am happy if I have enough Ramen noodle soup on hand (I am not a picky eater).

      Mother on the other hand needs her fruit, vegetables and a real meal for dinner. That is why I frequent Stripes where they sell lunch and dinner plates for $4.79 which includes an entree two sides and a large flour tortilla. She somehow manages to stretch it to two or three meals (she is a light eater).

      Delete
    2. That's a smart move with this weather all the sick people everwhere it's good to be prepared. WOW those plates sound great for the price.

      Delete
    3. You can not beat the price for almost like home cooked meals in particular when one hates to cook like myself :)

      Delete
  2. I did not even comment on the hour that this blog showed up & that was my first intention!
    It's 0830 your time (central time?) Wednesday morning, I hope you're still sleeping and wake up a little better!

    Merry Christmas Ms. Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not see the 8:30 a.m. you are referring to. My blog is set to Pacific time because I do not go online until close to or after midnight central time. This gives me an additional two hours to play with.

      Merry Christmas to you as well Rob!

      Delete
  3. My arms are so much stronger due to rocky pulling me around, so I can lift a case of beer with no problem. For a long time I only drank 4 or 5 bottles a week, then it went to one every day. Now I get so frustrated with the dog I'm sometimes hitting 2 bottles a day. Gotta cut back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two bottles a day is hardy nothing. I will drink more than that watching a Spurs game :)

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to my favorite Spurs sister and her Mom!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.