Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Another beautiful day

It was another beautiful sunny day. Got a second pick-up reminder from Walmart so decided to head that way but wanted to stop at Whataburger for a late lunch. It was packed and their parking spaces are much too narrow.  I guess I could have parked next door at my mother's optometrist's office but decided to pass.

I asked mother what she wanted to eat for dinner and she said pizza which surprised me. I guess she thought that is what I wanted as she had no idea I was going to eat at Whataburger.  I usually purchase mine at Domino's just personal preference.

The girl that took my order was not very bright. I had to repeat my order three times. She said it would be ready in 20 minutes and it took 45.  I ordered one pizza and they made two. I ordered a Philly steak sandwich ...she gave me something else with pineapple and jalapeƱos. The only thing she got right was the pasta and that is only because they did not bake it and I had to wait some more.  Domino's if you are listening...please turn down the music it might help your order takers. Note to self:  Do not order pizza on a Spurs game day.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

We are finally on track again. Though I am a little worried about our upcoming game with Utah on Tuesday.

Who schedules the NBA games?  It does not make any sense to me that we have to play the Lakers on Wednesday in Los Angeles and then turn around and play them again on Friday in San Antonio.                   

8 comments:

  1. I rarely order pizza anymore and I hate Domino's order on line. It's a good thing I checked my order as I would have had 6 pizza's is it just me or is that thing very user unfriendly? But it sounds like you are having some great weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right their online ordering is very user unfriendly but in fairness I only tried to use it once and it was a couple of years ago. I prefer to order it at their store front. Even ordering in person looked what happen to me today.

      Delete
  2. I've been going to Little Caesars for pizza since I "discovered" it. $5 for a good pepperoni pizza works for me.

    Whataburger is good! I'm in Florida now (for the winter) and I pulled my pocket computer to take a look, the nearest one is not even close :-(
    Up by Jacksonville...
    We might be in Texas next spring, they are all over Texas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I envy your lifestyle being able to move from state to state at will. You definitively are in an ideal location for winter.

      Whataburger will be waiting for you when you come back through Texas in the Spring.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ditto...and I do not have a good feeling about tonight's game either :-(

      Delete
  4. 2 great wins, clear skies after 2 1/2' rain and I filled up for $1.839. Life is good, Ss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with your assessment...only wish gasoline prices were as affordable here as in the Alamo city.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.