Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Pollito / My Betty's

It has been chilly these past couple of days, we will be experiencing strong winds tomorrow and are under a red alert. I wonder if that was the reason that Pollito sent two of his workers to finish the 15 percent of what remained undone in the southern part of mother's property. I never thought a two to three-day job would take three and a half months. He is still not finished they have to pick up the debris but I am not holding my breath on that one.

I believe it is a curse that runs in my family as my parents as well as myself always seem to hire the wrong individuals for any job. Never fails even those individuals that we personally know. It must be the reason why I admire people with a good work ethic and whose finish product reflect pride in their work.

Recently I have been receiving requests for personalizing Betty Boops like the ones I use on my avatar.  My Betty Boop collection is courtesy of the Betty Boop Univision forum.  Those forums closed down years ago with the beginning of Facebook and other social media.

The girls that made them would set up workshops and personalize them for the members of the forum that is why I have an ample selection.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that...I am sorry.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

8 comments:

  1. OMH the yard still isn't finished! That is so sad that no one takes pride in thier business anymore.

    As for your Betty Boop thing I have no idea. I really dislike computers right now period

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, can you believe that...still not done! Did I mention that this man was a good friend of my late father? Hate to imagine how long it would take if he wasnt.

      Hope you get your computer problems resolved.

      Delete
  2. You may have to take as long to pay him as he took to do the job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was paid for the 85 percent back in October. Had not seen him until today that he sent his crew and I do not plan to pay him one penny until the job is completed to my satisfaction.

      Delete
  3. Some day the yard will be done... Then what will you do? Gotta be careful about what you wish for... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it is done Rob, I will finally quit worrying about the yard, the mesquite pods and all the prickly things found in the West Texas desert.

      Most importantly I will be able to see if there are any snakes lurking around. Though thanks to the cats I do not have to worry that much about it.

      Delete
    2. I hadn't thought about snakes hiding....

      Delete
    3. Maybe not so much right now but come spring they will be out and about.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.