Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Doesn't anyone take pride in their jobs anymore?

Last week I refilled one of mother's prescriptions using HEB Pharmacy's  telephone system.  She was out of refills so I knew it would require her doctor's approval.  Yet each time I called using the same system was told it was waiting on the physician's approval.  Figured since she had an appointment today perhaps he wanted to see her before refilling it.  Nope, he said he faxed his approval to them last week but he gave me a prescription just the same.

I went in person and was told that her doctor's office never faxed an approval so they did not have her medication.  Got in line to have the prescription filled and told the technician of my problem with their telephone system and obviously the doctor's office with  their electronic fax.  Would you believe that her computer showed the opposite of that dumb girl's?  Her medication was ready to be picked up.  She glared at the girl and told her she needed to pay more attention!

Spent a good part of the morning on the telephone with Medicare Advance Resolution Center as I did not want to be turned away by mother's primary physician's office this afternoon like we were from her Oncologist office last week. Turns out Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Contractor (MSPRC) did not give me the complete information that was to be included in the Exhaust of Benefits Letter from State Farm to Medicare so I have to go back and have them write another letter. Doesn't anyone take pride in their jobs anymore?

It has been cloudy and windy but not cold and the forecast calls for mild temperatures in the 70's...so I guess I have no more excuses and got to tackle those leaves :-(

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. You too Huh??? Since I travel all over the country, I use Walmart for my medication needs. All is fine and dandy. Until, that one employee "misfires" and the whole system shuts down.....no drugs for the Billy Bob. But I've found it works the same on both ends. The girls in the doctors office are too busy to send the authorization fax.....while I wait and wait and wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true too Billy Bob. In the past it was the girls at the doctor's office who were busy and dropped the ball.

      Delete
  2. OMG!! I've gotten to where I can barely stand the ineptness of workers everywhere I go!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.