Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

In Search of a new Electric Rate Plan

Mother's electric rate contract plan ends on February 3, 2013.  It is a good thing that I looked closely at the bill because the notice was hidden on the fourth page.  Have I mentioned that I don't like CPL?  Well, I don't...they have the most stupid people in customer service and their monthly statement is like a darn puzzle.

The first person I spoke to... Deborah it was...must of been new because she kept on putting me on hold to get answers to my questions and when she didn't she referred me to their website.  I almost hung up on her when she offered to transfer me to another person.  Great maybe I can speak to a competent employee...wrong!  I was transferred to "Estephan" another imbecile.

Is it me or am I asking for too much?  All I wanted to know was what rate plans were available and where I could read about them.  I do not think that is a very difficult question!  Damn in comparison to those two, I would be considered a genius!  CPL...I need a job and I am available!

HEB always has some guys offering you new electric rate plans and wouldn't you know it this last time we went they were nowhere to be found.  Yeap, that is about how my luck runs :-(

This afternoon I went into town to run some errands.  Decided to stop by Ross and check out their purses when once again I found very little inventory.  You might recall I blogged about this in December, per the sales lady they sold out of purses daily.  Being the holidays that was understandable, but now?

With bare shelves it was easy to spot a purse to my liking but it had a spot on it and I mentioned it to the cashier.  He said "let me see if I can give you a discount".  He opened up a binder, scanned it and it knocked off $6.00 of the purchase price...needless to say I was a happy camper or should I say shopper? :)

Gas prices sure have gone up lately.  Even though I still had 2/3 of a tank decided to fill up.  No telling what it will go up to tomorrow.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. Got one yesterday when I called about an order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think companies would want to put their best foot forward by hiring knowledgeable people.

      Could it be the wages they pay them? Perhaps that is all they can get for their buck?

      Delete
  2. AT least you got someone on the phone that spoke English. I have called help lines that the person who answered had such an accent I couldn't understand them, then too, I am hard of hearing and accents are much harder for me to decipher. BTW, gas here is $3.11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gotten those with terrible accents as well. Even though these were Americans and spoke English, "Stephan's slang" made me think I was listening to a rap song instead of conversing with a person.

      $3.11 for a gallon of gas is good, that was the going price here for a while.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.