Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, January 4, 2013

Cloudy and cold

Well the snow the forecasters predicted thankfully did not materialize.  I was worried about Walter and had hoped his worthless owner would have at least put a tarp to keep him dry.  He must be unemployed as he has been home since November.

Since I no longer have a broadband connection, I will be without internet when I am in Houston.  I have therefore been checking out the grocery store specials so I can stock up on the many things we need but that are too expensive in Del Rio.

For those new to my blog, Del Rio, Texas only has one grocery store that being H.E.B.  In Houston this same store has lower prices specially at their low cost store Joe V's  http://www.joevsmartshop.com/.  A 5 pound bag of russet potatoes is going for $1.37 that same exact bag of potatoes is selling for .50 cents, yeap you heard right 2/$1.00 with an additional $15.00 purchase which with their low prices is doable.

Sure wish they offered bargains like that here in Del Rio where the people do not make the same wages as they do in Houston.

Having no other choice had to go to HEB to pick up a couple of items and who would I run into? None other than that worthless plumber!!!  His wife and him were right in front of me, so I could not pretend I did  not see them. Guess Santa did not grant me my wish with regards to him either, as Ben in Texas used to say grrrrrrrrrr!

Today it was cloudy and cold with the occasional sprinkle but tomorrow promises to be a much prettier but specially warmer day.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


4 comments:

  1. HEB is way to expensive for the foods I purchase,so I am found at the Wal-Mart grocery section in Del Rio. The key here is "foods I purchase". However on other things HEB can be pretty good I have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On some things Wal-Mart grocery section is cheaper but like you mention it all depends on the types of items one purchases.

      Wal-Mart is farther away from mom's house and then I have to deal with millions of people and their screaming kids...so if I need just a few items I will shop the original HEB (locally called little HEB) that is by the courthouse. Less people there.

      Delete
  2. I would guess the transportation expense and the lack of a huge sales volume would keep the prices higher in Del Rio that in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably so Dizzy. Good thing I am able to stock up in Houston.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.