Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Catastrophic flooding in the Greater Houston area

I am kind of numb from seeing all the flooding and evacuations taking place in the Greater Houston area. I have lived through a lot of storms the first one being tropical storm Claudette in 1979 that dumped 42 inches in one day in the city of Alvin, Texas.

Lived through tropical storm Allison in 2001 which I thought would be the worst flooding I would ever see.  Water came mid way up to my driveway.  I never in my wildest dreams thought it could get any worst but tropical storm Harvey has proven me wrong.

I was finally able to talk to two of my neighbors and both say that so far the water has not come into the houses. This could change as the area where my house is located is expected to receive another 12 inches this evening.

Was able to text two of my closest friends and they and their families are doing well. Can not reach my friend who lives in the City of South Houston, that city floods very easily.

Leilani, if you can read this I hope you and yours are safe and dry.  I sincerely hope all the people in the path of these catastrophic rain storms fair well.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

7 comments:

  1. I live 30 miles north of Houston and it is still raining very hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thirty miles can make a lot of difference. At least your house in sitting on acreage and can take on a lot more water than a home in a regular sub-division.

      Stay dry and safe.

      Delete
    2. Meant to say "At least your house IS sitting on acreage". Need to use Preview more often!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you safety with the added rain. Were they giving sandbags or were you able to get more of those pellets that worked for you the last time. Be Safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, while my house is in Houston I am currently living in Del Rio, Texas. I am 360 miles west of Houston.

      Del Rio was never in the path of the storm or the large rain bands so the city never gave out sandbags. I was going to purchase some but I never made it to Home Depot though I did buy more horse pine pellets just in case. Thank you for your concern.

      Delete
  3. Hey, Ms. B! I'm dry so far, thanks for asking! I emailed you so check your outlook box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you checked in Leilani! Good to hear you are dry and safe.

      Heading to my Outlook e-mail.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.