Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Governors Landing - February 2019

Whenever I go to the lake I have to make a stop at my favorite campground Governors Landing.

Rates have increased to $10.00 a night

I was very happy to see so many campers enjoying President's Day weekend.


I only take pictures if there is no one outside as I do not want to infringe on people's privacy.


I go from not wanting a trailer or RV to longing to have one.


This is the picnic part of Governors Landing that is open to the public.


Sadly lake levels are down.


This caught my eye as it is a new business and at first I thought it was covered parking to store your RV.


It turned out that it was an RV campground and was quite full.  I thought it was a very good idea in particular in the heat of West Texas summers.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

11 comments:

  1. That is different covered camping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is and would definitively come in handy in our hot summers.

      Delete
  2. Come on Kids! We're going camping in a warehouse!!!
    Yippeee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That covered camping was $500 a month when I talked to them last spring. You get an open air shade area and an enclosed "boat barn".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be good if you were going to be there in the summer. I'm thinking that $500 is high for that area... I've been in Florida since Dec & rates seem higher here.

      I'm not complaining mind you, I've been wearing shorts & flip-flops all winter too!

      Delete
    2. I have no idea how much private campgrounds go for in Del Rio but in our extremely hot summers I think it would be worth it if I was vacationing in the area plus my boat would be protected.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.