Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, February 4, 2019

New Terlingua coat and jacket - Updated

Had to make a trip to town but as usual got a late start. The parking lot at HEB was pretty near full so I went to little HEB where I was in and out in five minutes.

Last month I spotted the perfect Terlingua coat and jacket but passed on them. When I went back they were gone even considered driving to their store in Eagle Pass, Texas to see if they had them. However, the idea of having to make a two hour round trip made me change my mind.

Today I dropped by the same store and found them and at an even lower price. I quickly placed them in my cart.

Why is it important to have a good Terlingua coat and/or jacket?  The Chili Cook-off is the first weekend of November and while it is warm during the day nights can be quite cool.  There are a lot of night time activities like dances, parades and riding around in golf carts and other open vehicles.

The ideal coat should have a lot of pockets so you do not have to carry a purse. The pockets should be big enough to be able to hold a couple of beers so you do not have to carry a small cooler.  It should also be bigger than you would usually wear so you can wear over a heavy sweater or light jacket underneath.

Most importantly it should not be a coat that you would care if you got it dirty (lots of dirt out there) or if you lost it.  That is why if you find said coat and/or jacket you pay very little for it.  A lot of people buy them at second-hand stores or garage sales. I bought mine new and only paid $5.00 for each.  Now tell me that is not a good price!

My camera bit the dust and I hate taking pictures with a cell phone but if I ever get up to speed with my new camera I will post a picture of them. We have a lot of time until November.

I am not supposed to eat potatoes but who is going to tell my doctor?  I stopped at the bar-b-q place and picked up a loaded baked potato for dinner. Had another feel old moment when I realized that the tall young man who took my order was the owner's son whom I have known since he was a little boy. I need to clarify that I don't actually "know him".  His mother would pick them up from school (he and his sister) and bring them to the restaurant where they would both sit and do their homework.  Had been a while since I had seen them and today I learned he is now 16 years old!

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Dinner & a memory plus you got your shopping done. Sounds like a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We have a lot of time until November"... famous last words in my life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you got a great deal on the coat, and I'm glad you explained what a good coat needs. It sounds like there is a real science to it, and my favorite part is the pockets being able to hold a couple of beers! First things first, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Terlingua coat needs to be multi-functional but the most important feature (at least for me) is its capacity to hold my beers :D

      Delete
  4. Well I know finding those items again and cheaper made your day.
    But what right do these kids have to grow up so fast, like what gave my grandkids the right to have kids of their own. Yikes talk about feeling old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, I could have kicked myself for not buying them when I first spotted them. I was more than elated to find them again this time in the discount aisle and at an unbelievable price.

      The passage of time is more noticeable when you see children turn to teenagers and young adults. I remember when my best friend's grandchild was born and now she will be graduating from high school in a couple of months!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.