Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 15, 2019

Record breaking temperatures

Got up early so I could finish my errands before the heat wave hit us. First stop was Tractor & Supply for cat food and unexpectedly found small three gallon buckets that use the same lids as 5-gallon ones so no need to purchase lids.

Headed to the post office only to find it was closed. Wondered why? Since I am not a morning person I had no idea what time it opened,  A lady told me it wasn't 9:30 a.m. yet. Will just have to swing by another day to buy stamps as Monday is a holiday and will be closed.

Stopped at Stripes to buy me some breakfast tacos and this time followed Leilani's advice and put on my sunglasses to disguise the fact that I had no make-up on, even though there was no sun :D

Walked around the property noting where the weeds were more overgrown and picking up twigs and tree branches from the heavy winds we have had.  I know that I do not have enough string to weed eat the yard...well actually I do but I have no idea where it is at.

We set a new record high for today when we hit 93 degrees. Thankfully it should be cooler tomorrow and in the coming days.

Decided to drive back into town and pay Home Depot a visit. I was considering buying a new weedeater but they really do not have any garden tool on special perhaps they will in March?  I suppose I am in a procrastinating mood again?


While there I saw these water storage tanks as well as plastic septic tanks.  Had no idea they were so expensive.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


13 comments:

  1. Gotta love that hot weather we could use some here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it was only for one day and we will go back to cool. I am not ready for the brutal heat of West Texas that will be on its way soon.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had like you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most grocery sell postal stamps nowadays.
    And in Texas all rain catchment materials are exempt from sales tax (since a 1998 state law).
    We hit 82 here a couple days ago... plants are getting fooled into starting a few buds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that rain catchment materials were exempt from sales tax in Texas that takes a little off the sting of the price. Do you have one in your Terlingua property?

      Here in Del Rio most of our plants and trees are already blooming and some trees never even lost their leaves during the winter.

      Delete
    2. Yes, check out my YouTube slide show.
      Chilly and damp again here, for three next several days.

      Delete
    3. Search "Bill Terlingua videos" on Google.... it should pop up.

      Delete
    4. Thank you, I enjoyed it for other readers here is the link
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmXWK43Ki0

      Delete
  4. It is rather cool here in East Texas this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning it was cool here too. Right now it is 83 degrees.

      Delete
  5. I had no idea those water tanks were that expensive either.

    93! we had a couple nice days earlier this week but we are in mid 50's - low 60's and will be heading downward starting tomorrow and a mention of snow I hope they meant on the mountains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, luckily it was only for one day but soon those temperatures will be permanent :-(

      Sooner or later I will be like people from Canada and the northern part of USA but in reverse. They come down to escape the cold of winter and I hope to one day be able to escape the heat of West Texas summers!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.