Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Pollito's sidekick / Queen of Procrastination - UPDATED

Last Thursday I was raking mesquite pods when a black truck came to a stop along the fence line.  I could hear a man talking on his cellular so figured he just pulled over to answer his phone. I was wrong it was Pollito's sidekick.

He told me he had stopped the other day and knocked on the door but that no one had answered.  I asked him when Pollito was going to come and finish the job he started in July and has yet to complete. He said they were very busy so he wanted to know if I wanted to have him mow the lot where my parents' house is located and leave the other two lots to Pollito.

Asked him when he could get it done and he said he could come early Saturday morning so I agreed to hire him. At 9:30 a.m. I gave up and closed the gate back up.  I keep it close because of the boys as I do not want any strays or regular dogs coming in and attacking them.

At 10:08 a.m. I heard the sound of the weedeater so went outside.  He apologized for being late and said his daughter had arrived last night from out of town and they had stayed up late talking.  Well, it was him who was going to have to do the mowing in this hot and humid day...not me.  So, I put a cooler outside with some water bottles to keep him hydrated so he would not feel the need to pop open some beers like he did the last time he came with Pollito.

Front yard
He finished at 12:44 p.m. and while he only charged me $40.00 it did not include cleaning up and he did not mow to the back of the fence.  At least he cut the weeds that got in the way when I go to hang clothes on the clothesline so I think it was a fair price.

I can walk to the clothesline
This is all my fault because I should have had put together my electric lawn mower months if not years ago but all I did was get it out of the box and put it to the side...they do not call me the queen of procrastination for nothing :-(

He only mowed the grass to the propane tank
but not the back of it or even close to the back fence.

We had a high of 101, low of 77 with a heat index of 106 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Betty Boop Saying of the Day




7 comments:

  1. No need to rush putting that lawn mower together, always another day lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What they said! The lawnmower will be there tomorrow....

      Delete
    2. George and Rob there will be no rush to put the lawn mower together. Today's Betty Boop Saying of the Day clearly applies to me on this matter :)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering what it would cost me to have someone do the yard, but I worry it wouid be more than $40. So I just let it go - typical California grass, it just dries up and looks like dirty straw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the neighbors tree fell on my driveway in Houston I went on Angie's list and they sent me the names and telephone numbers of people in my area that do tree removals. It is free to join Angie's list.

      I was able to get three estimates for the job without having to physically go to Houston and I went with the not the lowest but second lowest since I liked his reviews and he seemed the most knowledgable.

      There is no obligation on your part to hire anyone and at least you will know what is the going price for the type of work you require in your particular area.

      Delete
  3. Well at least some of it is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true JO and it is the part that me and the boys use the most.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.