Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, January 21, 2021

One of my Amazon orders arrived / Grocery run to HEB

Yesterday I took a day off to watch everything to do with the Inauguration and enjoyed every minute of it. This morning I finally checked my e-mails and decided to track my Amazon order only to learn it had arrived yesterday, however my hat the main reason for my order would not arrive until Friday.

Drove down to the post office to pick it up and once again my P.O. Box was full of mail. They left a new key instructing me to use it to open one of the lockboxes to pick up my merchandise.  It seems they are phasing out the old orange knob keys.

What was my surprise but to see that my hat that was not suppose to arrive until tomorrow was already there but the rest of my order that shows it was delivered yesterday was not...grrrrrrr!! The line has been long since December and I had no desire to stand in it but neither did I want to have to drive back into town tomorrow.

As you all know I hate cellphones and I have only the bare minimum of apps and Amazon is not one of them. All my passwords are stored on my desktop using Dashlane (a password generator) and you can only have it on one device or you have to pay extra and I am a bit on the frugal side. So I stood in line for nothing as I was not able to get the tracking number and the post lady had no record I received anything yesterday. That is a shame because I had ordered new face shields with glasses and six cat collars.

I had no other choice but to stop at HEB as I went through a can of Nestle Hot Chocolate mix as if it was water. As usual, when one goes shopping when hungry...you end up buying more stuff than you intended.


As I passed the ice cream aisle noticed that they now carry a Spurs and a Houston Texan ice cream I had never seen that before I think it might be a new product.



Found there was also a new line of HEB brand diet ice cream that will come in handy as soon as we shed these cold temperatures.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


Header Picture



10 comments:

  1. This virus has brought lots of changes to our lives and not all for the better.
    Like today's saying and Auntie Acid.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The virus has certainly affected all of our lives, Rick. I am hopeful though that with President Biden making it the number one priority of his administration we will be able to conquer it in the not too distant future.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your hat. At least. And over-shopping for groceries is easy to do....hope you got some of that ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I got my hat as well. Since I am not an Amazon Prime member I will usually add items to my cart from time to time so when I do order something I need it will add to more than $25 and then the shipping will be free.

      No ice cream for this gal it is way too cold for me. Maybe in April? It will have to be the diet one though so my cholesterol levels do not go up higher than they already are.

      Delete
  3. I have been trying to order some things from online Walmart craft items I have canceled the order so many times I just give up. It isn't for groceries they are items for sewing and other crafts. But when you see the items before you order they come in all different dates, which means they will put have of it in the mail box. The mail box isn't any bigger than the post office boxes yet they will cram the stuff in there and then still try to get the mail in there an wripp everything up. So I have been taking advantage of Hobby Lobby's 40% off sales and it has worked out pretty well. Walmart had things that I need for my machine but it is in store pick up I don't want to go in the store! Oh well will just have to make due. AZ is the highest state for the virus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you have the items delivered to one of your daughters house so they wont cram it all into your mailbox? It has been a long time since I heard the name of Hobby Lobby and even longer since I have been inside one...closest one is in San Antonio a three hour drive from Del Rio.

      Television mostly focuses on California even though Arizona's numbers are higher. Hope your Covid numbers soon go down.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you got your hat and am hoping you will soon post a picture of it.
    I think the post office has a lot of problems and since tRump wanted to monkey with the election ballots, we have a long way to go in order to fix the mess created. Not to mention all the crooks just helping themselves to merchandise while blaming the broken system. I am a fan of buying local when possible.
    Your grocery haul looks yummy. I agree that going shopping while hungry can be dangerous for your pocketbook and your waistline. I enjoy good ice cream year
    round. Even better is some good vanilla scooped into some good Root beer. We have Teddy's Root beer here. Fabulous Root beer..if you can find some don't pass it up. Comes in an ugly bottle with an ugly label. Life is short...have a rb float.
    We had a bit of snow yesterday but it quickly melted. I wish we could get some rain or more snow. I am beginning to worry about fire season.
    I am still being entertained by the maga for prison crowd being arrested. I understand tRump is squirming and so far in debt he is unlikely to rescue his property. His personal plane is parked with one engine removed. Maybe repoed? And facing a Senate impeachment..for sedition...with cheap lawyers. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to copy the Amazon image of the hat but when I created the link it contained my account details. I do not know if it was because I was looking at it from my computer and I did not want to take any chances compromising my personal information.

      This afternoon I finally found the foam head where I used to keep my good hat but it was drizzling most of the day and the sun never came out so I will take a picture of it tomorrow.

      I am not able to eat ice cream when it is cold (or my definition of cold which is less than 60 degrees). For some reason, I have never developed a liking to root beer or Dr. Pepper but in summer I like a 7UP float.

      I turned on the TV this morning on MSNBC where they showed Melania getting off the plane in that ridiculous orange tent that you had mentioned and I died laughing and thought of you.

      I hope you get more rain or snow so your fire season won't be so bad. Stay warm and safe amiga.

      Delete
  5. Hey! I recently stumbled onto your page after watching a Podcast about Brinkley on a Spotify Podcast called Reply all. Anyway after doing research on Google and your post about visiting the Brinkely house came up. After viewing your blog and seeing you mention Terlingua I wanted to know if you ever did since I recently visited the area and loved it!

    I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gladys Marcos! I live in Del Rio, Texas, where the Brinkley mansion is located. The mansion has never been open to the public after several years of remaining in the Brinkley Family, it was sold to a private party and continues to be a private residence.

      When I am able, I make my annual trip to Terlingua to attend the CASI Chili Cook-off the first week of November. I cover those trips in this blog in case you are interested. Terlingua is a beautiful place and I still hope to buy my little piece of heaven there one day.

      Thank you for commenting. I hope you are doing well too.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.