Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Beautiful sunny days / First power outage of 2021

Yesterday we had high winds that brought a cool front through but at least we finally got to see the sun and the temperatures warmed up to the high 70's. Ditto for today. Yesterday I was marveling at the fact that the power had not gone out with the strong winds. This morning I did not have to marvel anymore as I woke up to a dark house and no idea what time it was. So today Tuesday, January 26th we had our first of I am sure many more power outages to come.

My second Amazon package that I finally tracked said it would arrive on Tuesday, Saturday I tracked it again and it was already here but undeliverable...my post office does not open on Saturday. Did you know that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy the idiot Trump installed to sabotage the mail and thus the mail-in ballots remains Postmaster General and will probably do so until October 2022? No joke https://slate.com/business/2020/12/louis-dejoy-postmaster-general-biden-postal-service.html



I am glad that I no longer have to stand in line to pick-up packages and that they now place them in lockers instead though I have no intention of ordering anything else anytime soon.


Just my luck they gave me the locker at the very bottom with my bad back!


Penelope sorry it took so long but here is a picture of my hat. They do not sell them locally or at least I have never seen them it will come in handy come Chili Cook-off time.






I have no idea why the foam head looks green because it's not...only around the eyes I used green eye shadow years ago.

Saw where California, Nevada, Arizona, and the Texas Panhandle woke up to snow...glad it missed us!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. Always helps to have to bend over with a bad back.
    I thought that he'd be replaced by now.
    That Mask Cap will keep you warm in a Blizzard.
    Like Aunty Acid.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Per the article..."Biden won’t have the power to usher in a replacement. Only the Postal Service Board of Governors, which oversees USPS, can hire and fire the postmaster general. The president, instead, nominates people to the Board of Governors, and the Senate confirms them. The six governors currently sitting on the board were all nominated by Trump; a Senate standoff in 2015 and 2016 made it such that the board was vacant when President Barack Obama left office. The earliest that any of Trump’s Republican picks will leave is in October 2022, when two of their terms will end."

      I don't think I will ever be in a "blizzard" at least not knowingly but sometimes in Terlingua, it feels that way especially when your shelter is a tent.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how you stay so patient with all the power outages. It is a shame that your energy companies cannot do a better job.
    I love your hat! Now I want one like it. I have been studying mine and believe I can sew one fairly easily. I like my hat, but would like it more if it were slightly larger. With all the crazy weather, you never know about what you might face. I always say it is better to have it and not need it than the opposite. Thank you for posting the picture.
    It appears trump will not be impeached. But I still think he is facing a long line of legal woes, which I hope drags on for the rest of his treasonous life.
    We were @ 2* yesterday morning. It is a toasty 11* this morning. At least we have had plenty of sunshine, so it is not gloomy.
    Love Auntie Acid. She always nails it.
    Stay snug and safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There needs to be more investment in infrastructure in particular out here in the county. I have often said that we are the redheaded step-children of Val Verde County.

      Some parts of the county do not have city water or sewer lines. My family owns land along the Rio Grande river and believe it or not most are WHITE residents who VOTE and still, the county commissioners will tell them the same thing they tell the less affluent and mostly BROWN residents...there is no money in the budget. We need Mayor Pete in his new role in the Biden administration to come visit us :-)

      I never really thought the orange demagogue would be impeached because the Republicans do not care about all the atrocities he has committed...they care about their careers and obtaining the votes of his cultish base...who the hell cares about the oath they took to protect the Constitution!

      You seem to be able to tolerate COLD temperatures, more power to you I am a wimp! The coldest temperature I have ever been in was 18 degrees in Terlingua but there was the factor of alcohol involved and at least we had a very large and warm campfire.

      I just love Aunty Acid there is always an appropriate saying for it seems almost every situation.

      Right now it is 65 degrees with wind gusts of 18 mph and I am cold! You stay warm and safe as well Ms. Penny.

      Delete
  3. That hat would come in very handy around here right now. While the snow coming down was very pretty and loved watching I didn't have to go out in it. By noon it was already gone from the low lying areas, but the Mountains are still covered and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when I saw the snow in Arizona. You are so right...you did not have to go out in it. I feel sorry for those people who do and are not used to driving under those circumstances. At least you were able to enjoy it thru your window and stayed warm inside your house.

      Delete
  4. A mad bomber hat with facemask, in colors. What else could you want. Hope you are carrying on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, a mad bomber hat...:D

      I wanted one after Penelope mentioned hers and the matching face mask that snaps to the hat sealed the deal.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.