Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Blogger problems / Bargain Block / Discovery Plus

Both yesterday and today we were in the low 90's but it did not feel like it due to the winds. This morning they started out of the north which brought a nice cool breeze and this afternoon out of the west which worked well for drying the clothes in the solar clothes dryer.

I am once again getting a box where you type your blog but it does not look anything like what I am used to. I have a feeling it is going to once again combine all this into one paragraph. Penelope said she has heard other bloggers complain about this new feature (honestly did we need this?) but I have not heard it mentioned in any of the blogs I follow.

I will keep it short as it would drive me crazy to have to read this especially in those blogs where they cover a lot of subjects. Today I watched a new series on HGTV even wrote down the name but I can not find my notepad...CRS sucks! Anyway, I think it's called Bargain Block where a couple buys houses in the Cleveland area from the city for a thousand dollars and remodels them themselves. 

The selling price includes the furniture something the other shows do not. I have been noticing a lot of ads to sign-up for Discovery Plus for only $4.99 a month. Does anyone reading me subscribe to it and if so would you recommend it? 

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day
 

14 comments:

  1. Have you tried double spacing your paragraphs? That might get the affect you are looking for.
    I now have expand my Toolbar each time I want to add a picture by clicking on the Three Vertical Dots on the right.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to double and triple space it and it still combines it. I do not even put a title on Aunty Acid because it will include it in the blog post.

      I am not computer savvy and it is so frustrating to have to navigate it blindly...I am not sure if it is worth the hassle.

      Delete
  2. I just managed to fix the problem I had...well, sort of...now I have more spaces than I care to but it is better than it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, whatever you have done or didn't do, the blog looks perfectly fine to me!
    Bet it was hot down there today. We got to 90. But cool nights so far. Hope you can have some too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised that I was able to fix it. Per AccuWeather, we reached 96 degrees but with the winds, it did not feel so hot. We have also had cool nights and by leaving some windows open and then closing them in the morning we have managed not to need to turn on the A/C for now.

      Delete
  4. Your blog looks fine to me. My problem is how big the font is. Oh well who knows.

    Winds back up again today I really was hoping to BBQ so that didn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps.. I can relate to Mona Lisa

      Delete
    2. It looked terrible when I posted it last night with no spacing or paragraphs. Today I was able to fix this and my prior post.

      The winds have been bad this year today was no exception. Wish I knew how to bar-b-q would love to eat a steak.

      When I saw the Mona Lisa meme I laughed and laughed like a madwoman as I too can relate :D

      Delete
  5. I think you have done a fine job getting your blog out. Looks great and it is easy to read.
    It just seems too early in the year for your temps to be that high. At least I am glad it felt cooler.
    That Mona Lisa meme is hilarious. So many people can relate. Everything you add to your blog that makes us laugh is appreciated.
    One of my favorite blogs is Shadows and light by Steve Reed. He and his husband are expat living in London. I also like Vivian Swift. I don't comment a lot on these for some odd reason, but I enjoy reading their blogs.
    I don't have television so can't advise about that channel. But if it's only five bucks, why not give it a whirl?
    We still have a video store here so I rent movies and other dvds there. Plus I watch a lot of YouTube. I bounce around being interested in one subject and then another. I have the attention span of a toddler. "So quickly amused, so easily bored."
    Stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the blog compliment. I try but sometimes it is not easy with all the Blogger problems. Last night I was getting ready to make a post on Walter's World, when the same problem I had on this one came up. I tried to fix it but I could not so I just turned off the computer to keep my blood pressure from going up.

      On your recommendation, I started reading Vivian Swift whom I share political philosophies as well as the love of cats with. I will have to check out Shadows and Light.

      I too bounce around in my interests and have been watching more YouTube videos than I have in the past on diverse topics.

      In this part of the world, April begins our summer though I do remember one April when I was still in school that it snowed in the first part of the month.

      Delete
  6. We just signed up for Discovery Plus last week, we are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mona Lisa is so perfect for these times! Thanks for the first good laugh I've had for a while.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.