Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Where does the time go? / Wonderful rain / Cooler temperatures

No matter what time I go to bed I am usually awake by 5:00 a.m. though I am not up but many times I give up and start my day earlier than planned. Though to be honest I do not make plans either unless we have to go to an out-of-town appointment or for that matter in town...I usually wind up not sleeping at all for fear of oversleeping though on those occasions I set two alarms for added measure. Yet even when I get up early I do not have time to accomplish all the things I need to.  By the time I know it, it's evening and the day is gone. Where does the time go?

The first part of last week we were under a severe thunderstorm warning with large size hail possible. We are no strangers to hail as last April 2020 we were pounded by golf and baseball size hail and people are still getting their roofs repaired from that storm.  

Dad's 1982 Ford Fairmont Futura suffered a few scrapes, chipped tail lights, broken side mirrors, and dents. After that storm, I covered it with cardboard, old pillows, and an old bedspread but it was too little too late. I kept it covered during the entire rainy season since it is the only one of the cars that is not in the carport/garage because it can only accommodate three vehicles.

I even bought some strong magnets to hold everything in place for this year's stormy season. With an impending storm, where did I put my magnets? Who knows...it is hell to suffer from CRS 😕


I did manage to find four of them and some magnets that I had in the refrigerator door that turned out to be useless.



Paquito who is not scared of loud noises jumped on top of the car and napped while it was thundering. 

                                        

It rained a lot on Thursday, April 15th and I was able to fill my rain catchment containers.



I am once again having problems uploading pictures this time I think it is with Google Photos for some reason it wants to send them to a different location on my computer and I do not know how to prevent that from happening.

We have been enjoying some cooler temperatures last night it was downright chilly. I am enjoying them as I am well aware of what awaits us in the near future.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. So glad you have had some rain. We did too, 250 or so (wild guess) (probably less) miles to the northeast of you. And it's been so cool! Nice. I keep remembering a couple of years ago when it was over 100 for several weeks in May. So yes, we have reason to appreciate this. Nothing bad in the way of storms here this year, I am glad you are surviving too,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We needed the rain desperately and got lucky on two occasions. There is a glimmer of hope that on Thursday we might have some more liquid gold.

      I will have to check the blog for the month but last year we had three-digit temperatures for a long time breaking all previous records...hope that does not happen again :-(

      Yes, let appreciate and enjoy this wonderful cool weather while we can.

      Delete
  2. Glad you were able to protect your vehicles from the severe storms but able to fill your Rain Catchment Containers as well.
    When downloading pictures to your Computer if you see they are about to be sent where they should not you can change the file you want them to go.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filling my rain catchment containers is a plus as water rates went up.

      I know I can change the file to go where I want but I never paid attention to what that filename was previously but it's not where it is going now. It must be something I did as it now also wants to sync with my phone :-(

      Delete
  3. WOW you are getting some crazy storms there. Hope all you have done works to protect the car. Last night my heater came on and it is set a 55. Hope we can enjoy more cool temps for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find some more old comforters and my infamous tarps that I always seem to misplace when Chili Cook-off time rolls around or any other time when I really need them to keep everything dry.

      55 is chilly, I do not know what the low was last night but it was cool as well. Right now it is 63 degrees and I had to put on my winter fleece leggings and a sweatshirt because I'm cold but not freezing cold.

      Hope we both can enjoy these cooler temperatures JO.

      Delete
  4. I can relate to your sleep issues. I am very much on my own schedule when it comes to sleeping. Or being awake. I don't remember the last time I set my alarm. I usually awaken in time for my radio show, oddly enough.
    I wish I had advice for you concerning the computer. Haven't got a clue. I am good with finding YouTube videos, if that counts? ;)
    I am jealous of your rain. We had a little snow yesterday. It will be a fiery summer, at this rate.
    I love the photo of your cat on your Dad's car. Probably thought you did all that just for him?
    I was so happy to hear the verdicts for Chauvin and hope his prison experience is years and years of terror and trauma for him. I watched his reaction...beady little eyes darting all around. Props to the camera person. I immediately thought of the YouTube video of the "cat lawyer". If you haven't seen it you have missed a treat. The Tx lawyer accidently is using a cat filter during zoom call for a court process. So similar to Chauvin's eyes that I bet SNL will pick up on it. I can't be the only person to notice? Video is less than a minute long...I urge you to watch for a good chuckle.
    Stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of these days I am going to have to catch your show I still have the instructions you posted.

      I think it was my fault and that I accidentally hit the sync phone with the computer button and not knowing what to do next I just closed the window and thought nothing had happened. I need to dig out the manual to a camera I bought almost three Black Friday's ago because my pictures suck and I do not want a new phone.

      The rain sometimes comes at a price while we only got the strong winds and rain other parts of Texas were hit with hail. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain once more and then summer starts with temperatures in the mid to high 90's.

      Paquito thinks everything is his and everything is done for him. He has been hobbling around for more than a week. He got better but I think he got into a catfight and is limping again.

      I do recall the Texas cat lawyer and the filter he used I think it was his secretary's kid? That was a while back but it was hilarious just the same. I did not pay too much attention to Chauvin's beady eyes as I was elated with the guilty verdict and crying my eyes out...finally, justice was served!

      You stay warm and safe as well Ms. Penny.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.