Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, April 2, 2021

Enjoying the cool temperatures

I am enjoying the last week of the cool temperatures we have been experiencing. It would have been excellent weather had it not been for the strong winds that have battered the area. I put those winds to work as I washed many of my thicker winter clothing then placed them to dry on the solar dryer (clothesline). I then packed them in my plastic containers to be opened when Chili Cook-off time rolls around.

Next week our "summer temperatures" will officially begin...oh boy! 😞


This week has been a rather difficult one especially if you happen to be a news junkie like I am.  Following the George Floyd trial has been emotionally draining...I can not even imagine how difficult this has been for his family and loved ones.

Then red states drafting and in some cases passing even stricter voting laws in Georgia and in my own state of Texas. Today I decided to take a break from cable news and instead watch a Houston channel on my Roku TV only to be made aware of another attack on the US Capitol that killed a police officer and injured another one...it was a bit too much.

Last night the winds were so strong it knocked the internet out.  I have been enjoying watching videos before going to bed to make me sleepy. Without WiFi that was not going to happen as we live far away from cell towers to even try it on my phone.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



10 comments:

  1. We've got the Wind but it will take some time for the heat to arrive.
    Too much Violence. The shootings and this all see to be people in their early Twenties.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be glad you only have the wind...almost three-digit temperatures in early April are not fun :-(

      Delete
  2. We seem to be having the same weather issues once again. The winds have been awful for weeks now and with the pollen allergies are horrible. And we are already in the 90's. I so glad I had the new cooler put in so I dont have to already turn on the A/C. I'm hoping tomorrow the wind will go away I really want to BBQ a steak and roast some veggies.

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just amazed at how long we have had to put up with these strong winds. It used to only be a few times a year and now it's constant.

      I am sorry to hear you are already in the '90s but if it will make you feel any better I will be joining you next week. Before Covid-19 I would ask myself why I am still putting up with this heat during the summer...now I have no choice...the darn virus is everywhere!

      A steak sounds delicious I have not had one in years thanks to my high cholesterol levels. Have a Happy Easter JO.

      Delete
  3. Ah geez. Yup. I see we are to be at 87 one day this week. Well, I guess I won't be writing you saying BRRR for a long time. That sort of weather IS good for a solar dryer though. I don't watch the news. Period. I just read it. You're a brave woman to see people actually saying stuff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today Monday is our last "cool day" for a while only expected to reach 84 degrees. I can tell you I am not prepared for summer temperatures or to turn on the A/C.

      You are a smart lady not to watch the actual news though reading it especially if well written can be just as impacting.

      Delete
    2. Yes, that's true. But the news readers seem to be very excited all the time. Just wears me out. And then in interviews, there's a lot of blah blah blah, which somehow doesn't bother me as much when it's written. I'm a fast reader. Ha.

      Delete
    3. I agree that the news anchors tend to get excited especially those on the cable news channels. There are times when even I have to take a break from it all.

      Delete
  4. It is awful you are having to deal with those temps and that wind. We had just one day of the high winds and that was bad enough.
    The trial is a stain on this country and all the events leading up to it. Hopefully we will not repeat this travesty and will do better in the future. I have been checking in on it but can only handle bits at a time. However, I have been gleefully watching the news on Matt Gaetz. I don't think his Daddy's money will save him this time.
    One of the news topics that has made me chuckle is the stories of people donating to tRump and having their accounts drained by his scam. I have zero sympathy for the idiots who have found themselves in this swindle.
    We finally had a good rain yesterday and glorious weather today. Montana in the springtime is the most beautiful place on earth.
    Take care and stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today Tuesday, April 6th we had a high of 92 degrees but with the winds, it did not seem so hot.

      Matt Gaetz is an idiot and every day more details become public of his disgraceful sexual escapades with minors. On the Rachel Maddows show this evening she mentioned that the New York Times reported Gaetz personally asked Trump for a "blanket pre-emptive pardon" for himself and unidentified congressional allies for any possibles that might lead to federal charges never saying for what. Like yourself, I find myself very gleeful about this as well. Even Fox has distanced themselves from him...that in itself says something!

      I do not feel sorry for those people that got scammed by the twice impeached, one-term former liar-in-chief and his claim of a stolen election. He scammed the same people who supported him and gave them their last penny literally.

      Glad you got rain and beautiful weather. You need a blog Penelope so you can highlight the beauty of Montana. I am sure you would have a lot of readers I would sign-up for sure.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.