Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Early morning yard work / No breakfast

I was up early this morning and outside as soon as there was daylight watering the trees and dragging fallen tree limbs to the curb.  Being Sunday the neighbors slept in and there was very little traffic, I grabbed my shovel and took out the cactus bush that the person I hired three weeks ago neglected to do.

Last week I went to Home Depot to purchase some weedeater line or is it called string trimmer line?  My goodness, the price has certainly gone up!  I was going to simply buy another weedeater but due to my bad back it has to be a very light one and they did not have any. Noticed that they now carry more RYOBI products than other brands.

Maybe one of these days I will finally get around to assembling the electric lawnmower I bought four or five years ago...have I mentioned that I am a procrastinator?

Saturday I decided I would treat myself to breakfast at the Sirloin Stockade. I love breakfast but since I don't cook and with my high cholesterol levels I can only treat myself once in a while. I got there at 7:15 a.m. but there were hardly any cars. Someone was sweeping outside and I inquired if they were open, he told me they now open at 8:00 a.m. instead of 6:30 a.m.  Decided there would be too many people at that time so passed on breakfast.

Walmart and HEB have the lowest gasoline prices in Del Rio. I mentioned in a prior post that Murphy Oil was building a new station so HEB had long lines. The prices in other stations range from $2.75 to $2.79 per gallon. Since I don't do lines I gassed up at $2.649 per gallon in a small store close to the house versus $2.629 at HEB.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



8 comments:

  1. Watch not to overdo your outside chores in all this heat.
    Your gas prices are half of ours.
    Just getting caught up. Some days just too tired.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am being careful not to overdo it that is why I am out there early in the morning before the heat sets in.

      I too finally got caught up with my blog reading over the weekend. It is understandable that you would be tired with the new job and all. Thanks for taking the time to read me.

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised the restaurant shortened the hours now that things are getting better and they can make up some money. Oh well what do I know. Our gas prices are pretty much around $2.98 I have to run some errands Wed. so I will fill up while I still have a little more than half tank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised as well as they recently e-mailed me a coupon to celebrate the third anniversary of having joined their customer club and they were still showing the same hours.

      I do the same as you, I fill it up when it gets close to the half a tank mark. I learned that from my dad.

      Delete
  3. You have a lot of chores for all that heat. Good thing you can get an early start.
    I bought a weed eater last year and I put off using it. I am not a widgit lover. I did great until the string broke. I asked for help to restring it and felt like a fool. I am also a procrastinator. Absolutely understand the lawnmower thing. Have you thought of taking the box to the tire shop and pay someone ten bucks to put it together? I am good at paying someone else to figure it out because my brain hurts when I try to assemble things.
    Besides, if you get the lawnmower assembled, you will feel guilty for not mowing and who needs that guilt trip? Jajaja
    Love Aunty Acid.
    Good to keep your tank filled. Too bad about the restaurant. I would think your area would have plenty of great breakfast taco places.
    Stay safe and cool my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not considered the tire shop but it's a good option. They are usually so busy I would probably need to ask their dad. I remember him changing a burned out headlamp for me once but I can't recall on which vehicle...darn CRS... :-(

      To be honest we do not frequent many restaurants even pre-pandemic my Mom only likes cafeterias and our Luby's closed with no prior notice years ago.

      One of the Stripes I use to frequent was voted Best Taco in Del Rio in an annual now-defunct event hosted by our former newspaper The Del Rio News-Herald.

      I love menudo which is also a no-no per several former and now current doctors but the only place that makes it the way it should be made sell it for close to $10.00.

      Sirloin Stockade was voted as having the "best soup in town" in the same defunct event. I can eat all the menudo I want there for the same price as at the other place.

      Stay safe as well Ms. Penny.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. Hate to hear your Luby's closed. Apparently it is happening all over and I have a friend in mourning in SA. Ever single Stripes I have been in has had a good breakfast....Now that I say that, it may come to a grand total of 3. Ha. But 3 ot of 3 isn't bad.
    I tried once a long time ago to use a weed eater. That was it for me. But I do have two old lady friends who do it, one of whom has no trouble at all and the other struggles with the @#^#@Q string all the time, especially replacing it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been years that Luby's closed we used to dine there frequently. Out of the five Stripes in Del Rio three of them serve breakfast and like you have had a positive experience in all three of them.

      Back when my back problems were not as pronounced as they are now I enjoyed weedeating. However, I also struggled when the line tangled up or I had to re-string it...do not know I could have done it without YouTube videos.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.