Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Miserably hot...

It has been a month since the trash truck is now coming between 7:00 to 7:30 a.m. versus their previous hour of any time after one o'clock. I was outside by 6:45 a.m. as were the neighbors. It was cloudy and too many people heading to work for me to be outside picking up trash the darn litterbugs threw out their car windows since yesterday.

The humidity was awful so went to seek shelter inside in the air condition. As I was watching the 6:00 p.m. news on KSAT-12 I finally realized why it was so miserable outside. The humidity level was higher in Del Rio than it was in Houston.


These were the actual temperatures...


When I saw the heat index numbers I was incredulous...


It is not a typo Del Rio had a heat index of 114 degrees this afternoon. It is a good thing I do not plan on going anywhere in the next couple of days. I hope you all are having cooler temperatures where you reside.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



4 comments:

  1. WE are only 2 degrees cooler here but can't forget its a dry heat . Lets face it it's here. No place to go but indoors once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is not even here yet but your area and mine do not seem to follow the "official calendar".

      I am getting too old for this but I am not financially able to afford to spend my summers in Argentina, Paraguay, or Uruguay.

      Delete
  2. That is just crazy humidity and heat index numbers.
    We had some wild wind and heavy drizzle ( hard to call it rain) yesterday and a much cooler day today. The forecast is all over the map. North of here was even worse wind that did a lot of damage, so guess we were lucky in that regard.
    Stay safe and cool my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Growing up here humidity was never even a factor. When they were building Amistad Dam and Amistad Lake they mentioned that humidity might start to affect the area. Currently, the lake is at its lowest level so they can not blame it on that. Unfortunately, it is due to global warming but few here will admit it.

      Wild wind can do a lot of damage that is another thing we did not have before but has become omnipresent. Be vigilant and enjoy your cooler days.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.