Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Cluster headache / Dollar Tree / Walmart

I woke up this morning with a terrible cluster headache on the left side of my head. It was so painful I could barely move it. I used to experience severe headaches back in my working days but they ceased when I retired. It is very rare whenever I get one now.

I take a lot of medication so did not want to take any pain killers or even aspirins. Took my blood pressure to make sure it was not elevated and it wasn't so took two of my BP meds that I normally take in the morning.

I wondered if my pain was because I have been washing my hair at least twice daily as I come in sweating profusely from working in the yard.  By noon I had to take two aspirins and while it helped some I still have pain in my neck like arthritic pain. Last night I fell asleep in the recliner with the cool A/C blowing on my face, which might have also had something to do with it.

I had to drive into town to run a couple of errands this afternoon. I am so glad that I filled up a week or so back because prices have risen by .15 cents a gallon.

Stopped at Dollar Tree to pick up a couple of canned goods and noticed that they now sell ice. That is good to know in case I ever make it back to my beloved Terlingua as ice after Del Rio goes up exponentially in price. A seven-pound bag for $1.00 is a very good price.


I have forgotten to mention that the McDonald's at Walmart closed shop in March but I do not know if it was March of 2020 or 2021. There are two other McDonald's and while you can go through the drive-thru or go in to order they do not allow you to eat inside. I had stopped there last month for a soft cone but when I found out I would have to eat it in my car I passed.

This afternoon I splurged and bought my sugar-free ice cream now that I finally made some room in the freezer.  I also bought some avocados, it has been a long time since I have eaten one.



When I came out of Walmart the sky opened up and I got drenched the last thing I wanted was to get my head wet so I just threw everything into the front and back seat without putting them in the coolers I had brought with me.

This evening I decided to do an Aunty Acid as well as jokes for my married lady readers...enjoy!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid 



Funny Sayings









17 comments:

  1. OK. It's pretty clear you were either dehydrated, OR having avocado withdrawal. I am glad you replenished your supply of avocados. You could have been having the withdrawal along with dehydration. The older a person gets, the easier dehydration happens.
    But what I've said is all in fun. If that bad headache thing happens again, wouldn't hurt to talk to a medic about it.
    We're not having super hot weather, but it's much more humid than usual.....
    Glad to see your posting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I drink a lot of water daily even more so when I am working outside but with this heat and my advanced age, anything is possible.

      I have a long list of concerns to discuss with my doctor but just had my appointment re-scheduled by his office. For a while there I was afraid I might be having an aneurysm but except for the headache, I did not have any of the other symptoms.

      Our Texas weather seems to have moved to Canada...good for us...not so good for them!

      Delete
  2. You had RAIN!! WOW lucky you we had thunder and wind. I haven't had avocado in a long time.
    Aunti Acid was funny and so were the other jokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it rains in Del Rio it usually takes place in the north part of town by the lake. While it rained at Walmart when I got home it was dry as a bone.

      Later in the evening, we got a very light shower that lasted all of two minutes if that much.

      Glad you enjoyed the jokes.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your terrible headache. I suffered for years with migraines and know how awful they are. Oddly enough, breaking my neck in my fall down basement steps helped. I haven't had but two or three since. I don't recommend this treatment? How are your potassium levels? Be sure to also get magnesium supplements.
    I paid $1.69 each for avocados last week.
    Ice cream is just good for everything but eating it in a hot car would be unpleasant. Our local McDonald's has opened the dining area but I would not go inside. Almost no one is wearing a mask here and with so many tourists going through, it seems a good place for the virus to thrive.
    That is a good price on ice. It is $2.59 here for a small bag.
    My latest way to help beat the heat is putting a package of Huggies wipes in the fridge. So refreshing for a face and neck wipe in the afternoon.
    Love all your jokes. I have recently discovered Sarah Milligan on YouTube. She is just hilarious. She has a high pitched voice, which usually annoys me, but it is part of her humor and she is funny.
    Take care and stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penelope, but I think I will pass on your treatment for migraines. I suppose my potassium levels are OK as my doctor has never mentioned any problem with them.

      You live in a beautiful state but it sure is pricey. At $1.69 each for an avocado, I would have to pass on them as I did on eating that ice cream in my car. The day I went into McDonald's I felt safe because there was no one in there since unbeknownst to me the dining area was closed.

      At least your ice is not as expensive as it is in Terlingua $5.00 bucks for a bag or at least that was the going price the last time I was there.

      The Huggies wipes hack is genius no telling when our antiquated grid will give out, and that would come in handy.

      I will have to check out Sarah Milligan's YouTube channel. I have never heard of her before but if she is as funny you say, I will give her a try.

      You have probably forgotten how hot it gets in Texas...so be safe as well in your adoptive...now very hot state.

      Delete
  4. I just watched "Sarah Millican does Manchester" it took me a while to get used to her accent, but after that, it was funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. About avocados: I paid $2 for a big avocado. I was desperate. It was a good one. As it should have been. Something just came over me. I guess that's why I was thinking about you having avocado withdrawal.
    Hope you haven't had any more of those headaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say for $2.00 it should have been fabulous! Avocados are high where you live. I am way too frugal to pay that much :-)

      Delete
  6. OK. I hope you are OK. It's been a while now....If I had a blog, I would hate for people to be whining about my not posting, but I guess that's what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking up on me JudithK. Having a blog is hard when you do not go anywhere, do the same thing daily, and are dead tired when the ten o'clock news comes on, that you fall asleep before they are over.

      Actually, I have a lot to say but not about my life...I am so sick and tired of all the bull crap going on at the Texas State Legislature right now...we are the laughing stock of the nation!

      However, that would make this a political blog, and I do not want to go that direction either...it might cause me to lose the last couple of readers I still have left :-)

      Delete
    2. OK! Glad you are OK...I think doing a daily blog would be a major chore. Beyond major. I can't imagine it. But don't underrate how interesting your "same old, same old" thing could be to others who are not living it. And have "same old, same old" stuff going on in their lives as well.
      Yes. I've quit reading the news. Maybe you're just through with this now....and I would be sad, and some others probably would be too, but we'd get over it. So do what pleases you!! You could also just post a photo...no matter if it's something you see everyday....know what I mean.
      OK. Glad you are OK.

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm worrying about you. I tend to smart off about stuff, but your headaches and general physical discomfort have me worried. Maybe you should see some medical person. I know...we never want to do that, but maybe this time......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you your cat & kitten companions are healthy, secure & thriving Ms. Belinda- Looking forward to reading your next posting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts are always well-worth waiting for, whenever they come and whatever they're about. I'm glad you aren't tied to a regular production schedule. Who needs that? All the best!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.