Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

A week in review

Since I started watching "La Casa de Los Famosos" I have gone back to my old sleeping habits which involve staying up to the wee hours of the night to watch the fights and controversies that make daily headlines in the Hispanic channels in the USA but even more so in México and Latin American countries. It is also popular in Spain, Portugal, and Turkey.

You see the inhabitants of LCDLF which is a version of Big Brother VIP have no idea what time it is.  Right now they are having dinner and it's past midnight...it's a good thing they exercise all day!

My foot pain has kept me at home. We are low on milk but I do have powdered whole milk though I need to drink skim milk.

Last Friday I went to México...you can read about it here https://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/

Yesterday I took a tumble when I tripped over the cat crates that I had left in the mudroom. I was in a lot of pain and it took me a while to be able to get up off the floor. I scrapped my left knee and hand but I guess I am lucky I did not further injure my right foot.

Today I had to make a trip to the post office...to the one on the northside of town...not where our P.O. Box is at. It is located close to Domino's...I have been craving pizza for months, actually, it has been at least two years since I last ate one. Decided to treat myself to the one that has everything on it...its name escapes me at the moment. I savored every bite and have plenty left over to eat later in the week.

I went the Ollie's to purchase a pet seat protector for the back seat of my car. I bought one a couple of years ago but I have pretty much trashed it and you could not beat the price. I wanted to make a quick stop at HEB but my foot started hurting so decided to come home.

We had high wind gusts all day that finally subsided by nightfall and there are plenty of broken limbs but it will be a while before I pick them up.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




Funnies






8 comments:

  1. I had to look it up, but I believe you are talking about the Extravaganza. Everything on it. Yes!! I used to get that one. Not a huge pizza lover as my husband was, but I did like that one. I love cats and can't bring myself to read your Walter's blog. Sigh. I lived in the country many years, and there were lots of cats I loved, and probably sent my vet's kid to college on my spay/neuter fees. I do love cats though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the name...ExtravaganZZa pizza...talk about a different spelling but it tastes heavenly!

      When I started "Walter's World" it was to document the abuse poor Walter (a horse) was subjected to by his worthless owner...granted it was hard reading but it was necessary even though in the long run the authorities did nothing about it.

      I then decided to turn it into a journal about all the strays that have passed through my mother's house including cats and dogs. It is no longer sad and just details when they were born when they got neutered/spayed so I have a handy source of reference as we all know how bad my memory is.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your foot problem. I'm sure it makes doing things quite hard, hope it heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, unfortunately, per the doctor I have bone spurs and a torn something or the other on my right foot and lesser damage on my left one. There is no surgery to correct it and I have to keep doing some exercises (that I do not feel help at all). I also have to wear massaging gel insoles to reduce the pain in the ball of my feet, arch, and heel.

      It's hell to get old!!!

      Delete
    2. Sorry about this injury maybe if you keep up the exercise it will help some.
      Yes it is hell!!

      Delete
    3. Thank you JO, I am certainly trying but I have to learn to pace myself and not overdo it which is difficult.

      Delete
  3. It is so scary to take a tumble like that. Sounds as though you lost some skin as well. I can identify with not being able to get back up afterwards. I vacuumed under my fridge a few weeks back and I had to struggle to get off the floor. I hope you haven't been sore after. It is usually worse the next day to find you have strained some muscles.
    I love Supreme pizza with everything but anchovies on it. I also like pineapple on pizza. One of the joys of living alone is having your pizza however you want it. And leftovers are even better.
    Love your memes and jokes, as always.
    Take care my friend and Happy 🎃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst part was that I had nothing sturdy to be able to grab on to to aid me in getting up. It hurt quite a bit but I cleaned the wound with peroxide and then put Neosporin on it. I figured I would be sore the next day but thankfully I wasn't.

      When I lived in Houston I would order Supreme pizza from Pizza Hut without anchovies of course. Not a big fan of pineapple on pizza as my uncle and cousin are so I would order them a separate one. Different strokes for different folks.

      Glad you enjoyed the memes and jokes. They made me smile and hopefully a lot of other readers as well.

      Happy Halloween Ms.Penny!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.