Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Warm weather / LCDLF / Lost Phone

It has been very warm lately, today we reached a high of 95 degrees but did not break a record for the day. Tomorrow we might hit 100 degrees...so much for fall weather...😕

As I mentioned in a prior post I have become obsessed with La Casa de Los Famosos a reality show on Telemundo. https://www.telemundo.com/shows/la-casa-de-los-famosos

I even forgot to watch the season premiere of Saturday Night Live last week and I will miss tonight's episode as well as this evening it's "Italian Night" on LCDLF and once these people start drinking anything can and will likely happen.

I mentioned in my last post that I had a doctor's appointment on Monday, October 4th that is when I realized I had left my phone at home. I have yet to find the said phone and for the life of me can not remember the last time I used it. This is the phone I bought in May and never learned how to transfer pictures to my computer so I am still using my old phone for that.

I have an old Tracfone that I decided to keep since the minutes roll over every month but it does not work very well and I keep on getting messages from the company that I need to upgrade to a new one but I have been ignoring them. I found a new use for it...to watch LCDLF...as I do my chores since it is small and light.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid




Funny Memes






8 comments:

  1. Have you tried calling the phone? Im sure you have but thats all I can think of to do.
    Your temps are still so high I feel for you. It is beautiful here we are in the low 90's to high 80's and I'm loving it. It was great to get a electric bill for under $100. since I am only using my swamp cooler now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calling my phone was the first and only thing I could think of doing unfortunately it went directly to mailbox which could mean one of two things...it is turned off (the more likely scenario) or it ran out of power.

      I would love to have your temperatures but more than that I would love to finally see an electric bill under $100 as well...maybe next month?

      Delete
  2. I hope the front that just came through here makes it down there. In spite of tornado watches, severe thunderstorm alerts, etc., it was a well behaved front and now we are at 64 with wonderful fresh air. You know the feeling.
    As for the phone, well, just kill me now if I lose mine. I know there are all sorts of ways I'm supposed to find it. Maybe if I cared more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only had high winds but that did not lower either the humidity or temperature. It is currently 10:13 p.m. and 90 degrees outside.

      I am not too worried about finding my cellphone I will probably go to the telephone storefront next week and see what they can do to help me solve this dilemma. If they were not a necessary evil I would just cancel my service.

      Delete
    2. Just checked the Del Rio weather. Maybe you will get some rain and cooler temps off Pamela.I hope so.

      Delete
    3. Del Rio is forecasted to be one of the first cities to receive rains from Pamela, once it clears Mexico and enters Texas tomorrow night (actually it is currently past midnight so this evening). I do not want the rain as we have so many mosquitos from the last storm and it will only make the weeds grow more...but mother nature does not care what I want.

      Temperatures should drop down to the mid 80's which will feel heavenly.

      Delete
  3. We had a big beautiful snowfall last night and most of today. It was the extra fluffy snow that painters always show. Our temps stayed right at freezing but its melting pretty fast. Just a relief after all the fire danger we have been through.
    I hope your temps will dip a little and give you some nice fall weather. I wonder if Tx will have another blizzard/power outage?
    It is crazy how we can misplace things. I do it all the time. I hope you work out your phone situation soon.
    I watched a few of youtube clips of the Famosa..just hilarious. Things going crazy after Italian Drinking Night should be entertaining. Fun to take a break from politics and bad news.
    Love your jokes! Single and proud of it!
    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of early for snow though I suppose for your area it is on schedule? I would love snow but only so it would kill the weeds that have grown so much.

      No telling if we will experience another blizzard/power outage like last year. I certainly hope not though I am still amazed that our power or water never went out like it did in the city.

      The Italian night party took place this Saturday and much to the contestants' chagrin they did not serve the wine they were expecting or any other kind of liquor. It was so boring the party ended early.

      Yesterday (Monday, Oct 11th) was Elimination Day where the viewers had the chance to vote out one of three contestants and it was wild up to the last minute the one I wanted to be eliminated was voted out with 49% to 48% of the second candidate, and the last person only received 3% of the 18,400,000 votes cast.

      Would you believe I have not watched Rachel Maddow since LCDLF began? I needed a break from all the politics and other disturbing news.

      You take care as well Ms. Penny.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.