Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Hope you had an enjoyable Halloween

I can not believe this month went by so fast, while I was busy...I do not feel like I accomplished a lot. I decided to take a break and have not turned on the television today not even to watch my favorite reality show.

With it being Halloween I figured I could make a trip to the laundromat without running into any screaming tykes but it got late and I never made it...maybe tomorrow?

The neighbors that live next door to Mr. and Mrs. Joe have been having a party all afternoon. The music stopped for a while but now it's on again.  I sat in the living room listening to it and it was pretty good, he is a part-time DJ.

I went outside for a while but Paquito came whining and in no time the mosquitoes bit me. For goodness sakes it's almost November when are they going to die? Temperatures continue to be in the high 80's but a "cool front" should be here along with rain Wednesday or Thursday.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Halloween!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid


4 comments:

  1. Yup. Cooler and wetter weather on the way up here. Tell Aunty Acid if she had come trick or treating to my house she could certainly ask for wine and could have some!
    I have all the windows and doors open at the moment, and will have to close up at bedtime, and this may be the last time to
    do that for a while. I do like temperate weather, and we do get it from time to time, and no mosquitos here. I don't know why not.....but I'll take that.
    Glad the neighbors played some good music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The San Antonio weather person said Wednesday and Thursday we would experience rain and heavy wind gusts that would usher in cooler weather. I am not crazy about the rain though I would love to put on a sweater or a light jacket...it's about time!

      Aunty Acid told me to tell you that she will go trick or treating at your house next year :D

      Delete
  2. I stayed home where it is safe from kids LOL, they used to hand out candy at the entry way but the kids stopped coming. My daughter stopped by in the evening and said she hardly saw any kids out an about. Where she lives they had a party for the kids at the complex. The weather here has been great low 50's for over night and mid to upper 80's for the day. And really when are these blasted mosquitos going to die!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live out in the country so the streets are poorly lit and there are no sidewalks to keep kids safe from speeders. I have never seen trick or treaters up here as most parents take their kids to Del Rio or Church and Community Centers to get candy.

      Your temperatures sound wonderful. With the coming rains, I don't see those darn mosquitoes dying anytime soon.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.