Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Casa de los Famosos

I am not into reality shows the last time I watched one was in early 2000 when Big Brother premiered.  If I am going to watch regular television it is going to be HGTV shows or the Hallmark Channel though I prefer my cable news channels.

During the recent deplorable border incidents, I did not even want to watch the news so I opted to watch the premiere of a much-talked-about show on Telemundo. It is in the format of Big Brother and is televised from Mexico City to the USA. It is comprised of Latin American soap opera stars, a former Miss Universe, a famous Mexican Ranchero singer, and several internet influencers.

I can not believe I actually liked it! I tuned in the following day to watch the daily 2-hour recap as I was not about to watch it 24/7 online. I soon discovered that they do not show you a lot so I went online... a bad idea...that darn thing is very addictive!

Saturday nights they have theme parties and are allowed to drink alcohol. There have been several accidents of people falling and breaking a hand, others falling off their bed, and Alicia Machado (former Miss Universe from Venezuela) jumping into the pool and then taking her clothes off.  Just a silly show to make you forget reality for a couple of hours.

I recently learned that you can watch it on YouTube as well which beats being glued to your computer or cellphone. They have a live chat going on at the same time and it brought back good memories of my days in chatrooms where I met so many people.

If you want a good laugh here is the link https://www.telemundo.com/shows/la-casa-de-los-famosos

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



Food for Thought




6 comments:

  1. I am trying to break away from YouTube, I spend way to much time sitting here watching some channels that used to interest me and don't anymore. I started crocheting again and doing some much needed house work now tha the temps have dropped. Yes YouTube is addictive LOL
    I need to remember Auntie Acids montra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few YouTube channels I follow mainly having to do with van life, tent camping, single older women RVers, and of course adorable cats :-)

      I have been trying to go to bed after the nightly news so have not checked many videos lately as I am usually busy during the day but all that has changed since I started streaming this 24/7 reality show.

      Glad to hear you are back to crocheting. You have always made beautiful items my personal favorites are the baby items you have featured on your blog.

      I love mantras...I need to keep them present in mind as well.

      Delete
  2. We've stayed clear of the Reality shows finding the increase the hype to increase their followers.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one reality show I really enjoyed was the first three seasons of Survivor...after that, I lost interest.

      Reality shows will always do outlandish things to increase viewership after all high ratings bring more sponsors and thus more money.

      Delete
  3. I will check this out. It sounds like a fun way to escape the depressing reality of the news for a little while. It does always amaze me that people are willing to make complete fools of themselves on camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This show has surprised me because you never figure that celebrities have deep issues such as insecurity, low self-esteem, depression, have been victims of bullying, and some in this show are the bullies.

      On the other side of the spectrum, there are those with egos so big I do not know how their head fits through the door. There are romances, break-ups, backstabbings, conspiracies, and actual complots to fix votes (a real too close to reality).

      On a lighter note, there is plenty of eye candy for the ladies as well as the gentlemen. I believe this is televised from Mexico because they can skirt more things than they could if they were filming from the USA such as nudity, bad language, bullying, and future lawsuits. Telemundo is owned by NBC Universal (Comcast).

      I do not think Telemundo anticipated what a hit this show would become it grows exponentially daily. On one of the illegal live feeds on YouTube, a guy says he called his mother and she told him she could not talk to him she was busy watching La Casa de Los Famosos...jajajajajaja!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.