Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

A 50-degree swing in temperature

Yesterday we had a high of 93 degrees today we had a high of 43 a fifty-degree swing in temperature. It is cold and the winds which thankfully have not been as strong as other days still cut right through you when you are out in the elements.

It could be worse as some parts to the north and east of the state will see winter precipitation. Yesterday I took the opportunity to hand wash some of my nicer sweaters. During a normal Texas winter, I only have to wash them two or at the most three times...I have lost count of how many times I have washed them this winter. Needless to say, the central heater came back on.

My insomnia has returned. Last night I took a melatonin pill around midnight but it did not take effect until 4:11 a.m. but I was wide awake by 7:00 a.m. so it was useless. For some reason, melatonin does not work well for me.

As I type this MSNBC is announcing Russia is attacking the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv. This is so sad, I firmly believe Putin has lost his marbles. Today I filled my 6-gallon camping water containers along with many more one-gallon milk jugs just in case Russia launches cyber attacks on our infrastructure.  

I also filled my five 32-gallon trash cans that I use for rain catchment as it has not rained in a while as a backup for personal hygiene. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.  


Aunty Acid



                                                            

6 comments:

  1. Extra water is always good to have on hand. Glad all the wretched events in the Ukraine are happening now, so that spring will soon be here, as I gather a lot of Europe uses a lot of Russian oil/gas. Better than in the autumn, when they will need it more later. International chess. And people suffer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad at least one person thinks having water on hand is a good idea. I spoke to my uncle this evening, the same one that I warned of how bad Covid was going to get and to stock up on provisions so he would not have to go out in a pandemic. He once again said that I was "exaggerating"...oh, well!

      I suppose the upcoming spring will help Europe in not having to rely on Russian gas to keep warm, but they will need gasoline for their vehicles. There are no winners in this conflict.

      Delete
  2. Same weather front hit here also pretty darn cold. Saving water is a great thing just never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it seem like this winter has lasted forever? One YouTuber I follow had to record her vlog from inside her van as she stated the winds were terrible. I think she is either in Nevada or Arizona right now.

      Having lived in Houston, I learned to have water stored as you never knew what the weather would bring.

      Delete
  3. It has been really cold here in Austin the past 2 days. Today was not as windy as yesterday but it was really cold. I scored some of the Jalapeno saltines at HEB and i really liked them with the creamy HEB jalapeno cream cheese. I almost didn't find the saltines because I thought they were in the 4 pack and I was about to walk away when i noticed they were where the 2 pack boxes of saltines were.

    Stay safe and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw how cold it was in your area in the news. Even though the sun came out this afternoon, the winds made it feel colder.

      You beat me! I have not had the opportunity to try my jalapeño saltines or to purchase the jalapeño cream cheese. Hopefully, next week when it will be much warmer, I can stop by HEB.

      Stay safe and warm as well.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.