Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Prolonged winter / Tayhlor Coleman

I do not recall the last time that winter has been so prolonged in Del Rio. It was cold this morning and though the sun shone all day it did not warm up until the afternoon but the darn winds made it feel much colder. That is another oddity...strong winds almost every day. I have wanted to set up my large tent since November 2021 so I can take down all the stuff I have in Terlita (my camping van) and make an inventory of what I have but due to the daily winds, I have not been able to do so.

Speaking of vans I am a big fan of women who live in vans and have their own YouTube channel. I had no idea there were so many events that take place for vandwellers during the winter months in Arizona.  They do not limit it to just vans as there is a new trend of people who live in their cars. You might be asking...Ok, Belinda so where are you going with this?  Patience my friends...


This is what I call "van dwelling with a purpose" this young lady named Tayhlor Coleman, a Houston native has a van that she is going to use to travel to all 254 counties in Texas to register voters. She named her van after former congresswoman Barbara Jordan, she calls it "Barb". She could not have picked a more fitting name.


Alex Wagner
who is filling in for Rachel Maddow on MSNBC had her on Friday night. At the end of the interview, Alex said maybe you (the viewers) would like to help her buy a tank of gas. Today when I did a Google search she thanked all the people that have reached out to her because of the interview and she gave her Venmo. I have to admit I had no idea what that was...still don't but I will find out and make my contribution. BTW her Venmo is tayhlord!


On Friday, February 18, 2022, the 830 Times finally published an article letting people know where to go vote, the voting hours and how to cast a vote using the new voting machines. I am sure the residents of Del Rio and Val Verde County would have appreciated this information on Monday, February 14th the first day of early voting but I guess it is better late than never?

https://830times.com/news-early-voting-begins-in-primary-elections/

Since many of you read this blog from your cellphones you probably can not see my header picture so I will also paste it here. This explains why the workers at the voting polls did not want to help the seniors or anyone else out as reported by El Zócalo...turns out they could face criminal penalties under new voting legislation.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Senior Humor



4 comments:

  1. This country in in serious trouble if something isn't done about these crazy laws that Rep. and some Dem. are making who the hell is in charge of this country anyway? Isn't it supposed to be voters?

    As for the weather it is below breezing overnight into early morning and like your area the winds are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our country is in a lot of trouble especially those of us that live in red states. Republicans know they can not win so they are going to make it hard on those of us who do go out and vote but not for them.

      I hope the rest of the nation is watching because the same voter suppression laws Texas enacted have already been implemented in other GOP lead states.

      It was another windy, cloudy, and gray day. Next Tuesday another cold front will hit this area. I am sick of winter...grrrr!!!

      Delete
  2. Amen, this country is in a lot of trouble, as my amigo Bob sings "The times they are a changing" or Buffalo Springfield sings For What's it Worth' these 2 singers are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two songs are as relevant today as they were when they first came out.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.