Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, April 7, 2022

HEB Pharmacy / Dairy Queen / Pesky Baby Mesquite

I had to go pick up my medication at HEB Pharmacy but as usual, it was past three o'clock and the parking lot was packed. I went to check out the drive-thru window and was glad that the right lane was finally fixed as I did not want to go inside.


I do not know why every time I take a picture of the gasoline prices at HEB the price comes out blurry.  Regular unleaded gasoline was selling for $3.649 per gallon...


I filled up last week at $3.679 per gallon or I would have filled up today. I was hungry so I decided to treat myself to a Dairy Queen hunger buster combo.


When I took the first bite I chuckled as they gave me a rather large serving of lettuce. I could not help but think of an Aunty Acid meme that more or less says..."Woman for the love of God eat a salad instead". 😁😁


Here is this week's drought map for Texas...Del Rio is in a severe drought.


Fellow blogger JO once said "Mesquite trees could survive a 500-year drought" and I have no doubt they would. The rain we received on Tuesday was not very much but it made those darn trees even lusher 😢


See the green things that look like weeds?  They are not weeds but pesky baby mesquite...grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!


The news at noon said Pharr, Texas reached a high of 111 degrees yesterday while a city in Utah recorded a low of negative 1 degrees. That is a temperature difference of 112 degrees. I am glad I am old and won't have to live with the consequences of climate change for long.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




Saying of the Day




4 comments:

  1. Love both the memes. 111 already not ready for this summer and it is getting pretty hot here also but not that bad yet. I haven't eaten a fast food burger in ages and that looked good and yes see you had a salad with it LOL The new jerk next door trimmed is mesquite way back which I am truly grateful for now if he would just trim the bushes that boarder the property line they are taking over my yard. I have asked him twice to trim them back each time he acts like he didn't know they were his. I told him when he moved in they were his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed both memes. 111 degrees anywhere during the month of April, while it is still Spring, is way too hot! Even during the summer, it is an extreme temperature.

      I love hamburgers but both Dairy Queen and Whataburger at least in Del Rio are hit or miss. Yesterday even with the "extra lettuce" it was pretty good :-)

      I suffered through the same worthless neighbors who did not keep up with their yard or trimmed the trees in Houston. I am glad they sold their house but now it is a rental property so who knows how they are taking care of it. At least the guy that does my yard has not mentioned anything to me.

      Delete
  2. Started off here today with 38 degrees and ended up with 88. That's a 50 degree swing. Humidity low, wind up, straight from Del Rio, so the usual red flag warning. Sheesh. Mesquites are still laying low here. I hate drought. I live on the upper end of that little red slash in the center of your map above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed the past nights' cold temperatures even though like where you are at the afternoons can be rather warm. Right now it is 10:43 p.m. and still 80 degrees.

      The evening news shows two wildfires currently not controlled. I am so tired of the winds they were terrible this afternoon but have finally died down.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.