Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Rain / Hail / First 100 degree day of 2022 / Ollie's

Late yesterday afternoon I started to hear thunder and rumblings then a strange sound I had not heard since December so I went outside to verify and sure enough, it was raining. The rain was not supposed to happen until after midnight but we will take it whenever we can. On the ten o'clock news they said the northern part of Val Verde County by the lake received 1 to 1.5-inch hail thankfully the southern part missed out on that event.

I managed to get all the paperwork for my taxes together this weekend and today I took it to my CPA...one more thing crossed off my To-Do List.

I was close to the north part of town so I went to Ollie's to purchase a couple of items. There weren't many people at the store which I liked.  


I bought a shoe tray last month to keep from tracking dirt into the house and placed it by the kitchen door. Nicolás had other plans and he decided it would make a better tray for him to lay on. The same tray sold for $5.99 at Walmart...only $3.99 here so I bought two.


I enjoy wearing my face mask and plan to continue to do so until the foreseeable future. I remember at the start of the pandemic this was the rage but at a much higher price...at $1.99 it was a good buy.


KSAT-12 news confirmed that Del Rio reached 100 degrees for the first time this year. This weekend the central A/C was officially turned on.


This crazy weather continues and will bring a cool front tomorrow and lots of wind on Thursday.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




Wine Humor



6 comments:

  1. We had a bit of rain, not when you did, but .7 inch a few days ago. Yea. (Pathetic.) Yesterday it was 93 and 8% humidity. Today, the high was 72. OK. Roller coaster. I like your Wine Humor of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drought in Texas is becoming severe the only city that I know where it rains frequently is Houston, but alas, I need it in Del Rio.

      Today we only had a high of 83 degrees but the wind gusts were terrible all day. Thankfully, they ceased around 6:00 p.m. I am watching KENS-5, and they did not show what the dew point was for us though they did mention that it was 30 in Houston, which he noted was an unusual low dew point.

      Glad you enjoyed the wine humor :-)

      Delete
  2. This weather is so nuts. I kept checking he weather and it said 80 for Tues - Thur. So off Fred and I went for our camping trip. I thought we were going to die from heat stroke it had to be high 90's. I kept wetting him down and in order to make more shade for him I got the brunt of the sun. Another words this trip was a bust and I was home by 7:30am today. Just was so exhausted from the heat I didn't bother to load the few pictures I took maybe I'll post on my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that your camping trip was a bust. I know how much you were looking forward to going. I thought you had bought a clam for a shade structure? With my CRS, I am probably mistaking you for another blogger :-(

      The heat can dehydrate and exhaust you very fast. Glad you are back at home. I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.

      Delete
  3. I do have a clam but it is way to heavy for me to lift and I'm going to post it for sale on Market Place but will hold firm on the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read so many blogs, as well as subscribe to a lot of car camping and vandweller vlogs on YouTube that I forget who has certain camping equipment.

      I do not know if you are familiar with Bunny Plays Here and/or Lady Bugout channels on YouTube? Anyway, a while back, they tried to set up a tent shelter on the back of one of their vans, and they had a heck of a time between them.

      With my bad back and being that I do not like to ask for help, it is becoming more difficult to set up my tent as it is heavy, so I can understand where you are coming from. I hope you can sell your clam and obtain a good price for it.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.