Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Pleasant Weather / Medical Appts / Disappointed

We have had very pleasant temperatures this week as well as much-needed showers. The A/C did not come on automatically until this afternoon. During the evenings I have left the bathroom window open and with the temperatures dipping into the low 60's I have had to use a blanket.

Yesterday I had my four-month follow-up doctor's appointment and this morning I went to get my labs done. I was glad that they are still following Covid protocols, are making you fill out a questionnaire and following up by checking your temperature before they place a bracelet on your wrist to indicate you have been checked as well as requiring you to wear a mask.

Before going anywhere else I decided to drive to the Del Rio Civic Center to cast my early ballot for the May elections. It appears this will be the new early voting location from now on and not the Val Verde County Courthouse.

I was disappointed to see hardly any vehicles in the parking lot of actual voters. They were mainly of the voting personnel and the vehicles with the candidates' placards and their supporters.


The above barricades are to bring ballots to the cars of handicapped voters.

Vehicles of candidates' supporters

When I went in I did not have to wait in line and it appeared that they were glad to see someone show up. There was only one elderly gentleman voting besides myself.  By the time I finished two more people had come in.  Hope more people show up on election day in May.

Once I completed my civic duty I ran a few errands and as I passed Whataburger I saw very few cars in their parking lot as it was only 11:00 a.m. so I decided to go in and beat the lunch crowd.


Now that my labs were completed I could treat myself to a Whataburger with jalapeños and cheese, some french fries, and an unsweetened ice tea.


If I were to rate my meal on a scale from 1 being the worst and 10 the best...I would rate it 7.5...the best thing was the iced tea.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



5 comments:

  1. It's nice that you are getting a break from the Hot temperatures.
    Too many people take their Civic Duty to Vote for granted. Just look at how the people in Ukraine take it serious.
    Nice to treat yourself to an early lunch.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am appreciative for the cooler temperatures as hot ones are on the way.

      It is so disappointing when people do not vote. On our last local election our County Commissioner secured his seat by some 50 odd votes, and since he does not have a challenger in the opposing party, he easily won re-election.

      My blog is set to Pacific time, and I could not find my banner that eluded to voting like an Ukrainian so I had to post it before the date change at 2:00 a.m.

      I tried to make some changes to this post but Blogger is not letting me so I guess I will save my voting banner for another occasion.

      Delete
  2. My cousin asked me why I picked up so much pepper and ketchup for my hamburger. Since I have to email myself the pictures they shrink in the process and with my poor eyesight, I did not notice that.

    To clarify I only had 3 black spicy ketchup packets. The others that you see are printed on the paper placemat that comes with the tray...I am NOT hoarding ketchup, lol! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its sad that people are so disgusted with who wins some of these elections they just quit voting. But no vote just helps the creeps win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that is why I keep on voting and will until my dying day.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.