Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Record Heat / New Covid Cases

I had planned to run errands in town today but as usual, the time got away from me, and by noon it was much too hot to even consider that option.


We broke a record dating back to 1986 when we reached 102 degrees this afternoon.


The cats are lethargic and I am missing a cat...I will write more about that in Walter's World if I get a chance.

We have nine new Covid cases bringing the total of active cases in Val Verde County to 58 persons.  They range in age from two years to 90 years. The majority of the cases are of people between the age of 50 and 59 years old. They also report two new deaths. I can not help but think that after this Easter holiday we will once again have a new surge.



If anyone is considering going to Mexico for the weekend I would urge them to reconsider especially when it comes time to once again cross back to the USA. Seems our governor is on full re-election campaign and has ordered 18 wheelers to be thoroughly searched upon entering Texas...the delay is costing millions of dollars to truckers, businesses, and consumers...making our supply chain issues even worse not to mention the delays at the bridge to normal traffic.


One reason for this new strategy might be Beto's polling numbers but Abbott is not only hurting Texans but other states who need car parts, chips, produce, and so many things that cross into the USA daily.



If you insist on going to Mexico, I do have some good news...the Amistad Dam Port of Entry...is once again open to the public and you do not have to pay a toll though it is a long drive back to Del Rio but it beats the expected long lines at the main International Bridge.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid




Beer Humor








6 comments:

  1. You might consider NOT using the liberal talking points regarding political issues. If I wanted more CNN or MSNBC, I would watch those liberal channels. Please stick to the facts. I noticed you did not post the amount of cocaine that was caught at the border this week. Funny how the facts are used when they don't fit your narrative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ulinerep - I have had a blog for 11 years, and I pretty much write whatever I want. If I choose to address what, in your opinion, you consider to be "liberal talking points"...so be it!

      I read a lot of blogs and I have never seen a comment with your nick, or are you a regular reader who does not have the guts to post under your regular name?

      If you do not like what I post it is very simple...DON'T READ ME! There are millions of far-right blogs where you can commiserate with like-minded folks and believe the lies FOX News talks about daily.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree that you can post whatever you wish on your Blog and the simple answer to those that don't like it is "Don't Read It".
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still amazes me the gall some people have to try to tell you how to write your blog or live your life.

      It has never crossed my mind to leave a nasty remark on a blog I have NEVER even actively participated in just because I disagree with the blog writer. If I don't like a blog I simply don't return...period!

      Delete
  3. I tried to comment the other day but it told me some crap about it was not available. Could be my laptop it's doing a slow death thing. LOL
    what never some people have leaving their crap and telling someone how and what to post. Loser.
    You sure have made the change from winter to HOT really fast. Today was the first day we didn't have horrible winds, but it was 38 F this morning and was only in the 60's for a high. Tomorrow mid 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I don't think it was on your end as my friend told me the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I later figured out that I was updating my blog at the time she was reading my post but when her daughter tried to read it from her phone the post had disappeared and she got a message that it was not available.

      Last night I was probably editing it to include the MSNBC pictures of the trucker chaos at the border that so offended the right-wing extremist and pro-Greg Abbott supporter.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.