Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Breakfast tacos / Junk Mail / Severe Thunderstorm Watch

I was very hungry this morning so I decided to go buy some breakfast tacos as I am sick of eating cereal. It took me a while when Town & Country sold its stores to Stripes and now they have been sold to 7-Eleven to get the name straight. They are still greeting customers with the phrase "welcome to Stripes".

There must be a big trial because there were a lot of vehicles parked near the Post Office as the Federal Courthouse is right across the street. It was drizzling, cloudy, and very humid. I briefly considered going to Little HEB to get some water as I hear there is a shortage nationwide of this vital liquid...but decided I would rather eat my tacos.

As I passed the main HEB, unleaded gasoline was going for $3.999 and the corner Exxon was selling it for $4.199.

Last week one of the San Antonio TV stations did a report on junk mail and I almost died laughing when I saw that the lady being interviewed had as much mail from AARP as I do. I don't know how many times I have opted out of their magazine and e-mails and then they start right back up again.

I finally got around to checking my e-mails and they are a nuisance as well. How many times does Walmart need to remind me that the item I looked at "is selling fast?". Tractor & Supply, Home Depot, Triple-A, and Domino's Pizza hounding me to download their App...I don't do Apps...grrrrrrrrrrr!!!


I waited too long as we are currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch, so my trip to HEB will have to wait for another day. Here is hoping that we don't get any hail even if we lose power.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




Funny Sayings






4 comments:

  1. You sure are getting your share of crazy weather!
    Gas prices here went up a few cents so we are still well over $4.
    I guess I got lucky with AARP junk mail, I called and said if they didn't stop the junk mail I would never join again and it stopped, but I haven't renewed it again no reason for it.
    All the memes are great! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is our rainy season, unfortunately, it is usually accompanied by strong storms and hail. Last year my dad's old car got pummeled by it.

      I joined AARP so we could get a discount on some hotels when we had to travel for doctor's appointments. They have a large library of resources to be able to research different topics as well as virtual seminars though I seldom view them.

      Glad you liked the memes they gave me a good chuckle :-)

      Delete
    2. most unwanted emails can be eliminated if you scroll down in the text and do the unsubscribe thing. AARP has been good about that. And most other places as well. You just have to go to some trouble......of course.

      Delete
    3. That is just it JudithK there are some emails that I still want and they do not let you pick and choose which ones. Though I think with AARP I once did fill out the topics I preferred and they were not many that I chose...still they bombard me daily... I just wish the frequency was kept to a minimum.

      I can not imagine what it would be like if I accepted to be contacted by text..." imaginary emoji of me pulling my hair out".

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.