Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 11, 2022

We finally have a chance of rain tonight

The weather lady said we had a chance of rain tonight though it was expected this afternoon at first. The temperature dropped 10 degrees to 92 so if it rained it was on the northwest side of town by the lake which is in dire need of any kind of precipitation.


Photo courtesy of the National Park Service and
830 Times

This past Tuesday, August 9th the Diablo East Boat Ramp was closed. However, the Rough Canyon ramp would remain open. Here is the link if you are interested https://830times.com/news-diablo-east-boat-ramp-to-close-tuesday

I have not been able to sleep even though I took two Melatonin tablets Tuesday night out of desperation to no avail. I figured I would rest last night but was wide awake so got up at 3:30 a.m. to begin my day.  I had a busy one but will blog about it tomorrow.

I went back to San Felipe Lions Park and the flow of San Felipe Creek has slowed even more. This is one of the hundreds of creeks in Texas that is showing the effects of our drought.





Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



6 comments:

  1. Ah geez. You're not getting enough sleep. But I guess you know that.
    Glad the San Felipe is still going a bit! This has been a bad year for water... Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have suffered from chronic insomnia for years but it is something I have learned to live with. Although lately, I had been able to sleep four to five hours a night...not anymore :-(

      The creek is going but it is nothing like it was before...you can see the rock formations that are no longer covered by the swift flow of the water.

      Delete
  2. Sorry your not sleeping. I haven't been sleeping well since Monday after being on the phone most of the day and being so angry it left me in terrible pain. Also took some night time sleeping aids but it did no good. Sure hope you get some sleep tonight along with a good rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only take sleeping aids if I go two or three days without sleep. Melatonin has a delayed reaction on me and will work hours later when it's daytime and I have to be alert...but this time it did not work at all.

      I got three hours of sleep last night but the rains never made it to southern Val Verde County. There is a chance although slight for precipitation this weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hoping the Rain finally gets to your neck of the woods.
    Aunty Acid sounds like why I went back to work.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.