Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Missing Camping Gear

It was wonderful waking up to 54 degrees this morning.  Perfect camping weather...I can hardly wait until the Terlingua Chili Cook-off!

Houston we might have a problem though :(     Back in January and March of this year I took a lot of my camping stuff to my house because mother just does not have enough room.  I never figured I would not be coming back for seven months.

I may have to do without a lot of things like my new zero degree sleeping bag, the Zodi hot water shower, my first and last night's tent, my winter gloves and knit caps...among other things.  That or make a trip to Houston...something I really do not want to do.  Oh well, as long as I make it to the cook-off that is all that matters!

I have been busy putting together a list of things to take but more importantly making that list shorter.  Got to get away from my "I will take it in case I need it" mentality...it just does not work when one has limited space.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. MsBelinda,

    You got all your tax information to your preparer just in time to send off the completed return and get your anticipated refund. Alas, things just don't work quite like we want them to sometimes. It is telling that they have "essential" employees still working to process payments but it is "non-essential" employees that issue the refunds.

    The IRS says in a statement on its website: "The IRS will accept and process all tax returns with payments, but will be unable to issue refunds during this time."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The IRS has gotten free use of my money for a couple of months so a few days or weeks in getting a refund is no big deal to me. The important thing here is that they are done and I do not have to worry about it for another year.

    One can not put a price on the peace of mind brought about once the CPA hits that SEND button and your taxes are e-filed... :-)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.