Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What is going on with Google?

Last night after I made my post it did not show up in any of the bloggers list that link to my blog.  I went into Blogger and it still had my old post.

Every time I go into You Tube it wants me to change from my nickname to my real name...why? I do not want my real name showing up...that is why I choose an alias to begin with...grrrr!!!

My new G-mail is the pits, I do not like the new format nor the abbreviated text space.  I have to log out of my MsBelinda nick and change over to terlinguadreams nick in order for access it.  If that was not enough it keeps on prompting me to join Google+ and start conversations there and meet new friends.  If I wanted to join a social network it certainly would not be Google + .  End of Rant.

It has been raining on and off all day but the kind of rain that falls slowly, gets absorbed into the dry ground and then starts up again...which to me is the most beneficial as there is no run off.  About two hours ago it began raining at a more steady pace but even so we have received less than an inch of rain. Don't think I am complaining because I am not but I wish we could get a little more.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Billy Bob has also been complaining about his postings not showing up on other blog lists, then they do. I guess there is a delay in it happening, most likely because Google has been making 'improvements' just like Yahoo has been making everything 'new'.
    I'm in Ardmore, OK where we got 3.5" of rain during the past two days and have 20% chance for some more today. I was glad to have it rain and squeeze some of the water out of the air, it was horribly humid the 4-5 days prior to it raining. Miserable weather, I don't know how people live with it year after year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just when I get used to how things work...they have to go and change them...grrr!!!

      Delete
  2. We had lots of rain last night to go with the storms and high wind up here in Seminole SP. Cold this morning at 52.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain and storms are OK but high wind is something I do not care for. Stay warm... you may soon be able to come camp at San Pedro.

      Delete
  3. I never checked to see if my postings showed up on other blogs. Guess I will have to do that. I did have trouble posting this morning. I usually use Internet Explorer but it wouldn't work today so I used Firefox. Let me know if my post showed up OK. I have not had any trouble accessing your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually check but I could not see it in my blog list. When I went to make my nightly rounds at my usual blogs I noticed that mine still was showing the one from the prior day.

      If there is a problem with blogs by the time I go online at night they are usually resolved. Last night I was commenting on yours when I lost my comment and could not access your blog again. After a few choice words, it notified me that my internet connection had been lost.

      Went to check and I guess the rains or something caused the internet to go out. This morning it had fixed itself.

      Delete
  4. Howdy Ms B,
    I had one of the techs from our high-speed dial-up call the other day and said they were having trouble, after that mine has been REALLY SLOW... I USE FIREFOX, YAHOO/ ON AN OLD XP... A friend, who uses the library's computer said ours was twice as fast as their's, BEFORE THE CALL...
    When THE WORLD gets us all HOOKED-UP, with ONLY electronic communication
    THEN SOMEONE WILL TAKE IT OVER and we're DONE FOR !!! LIKE GOOGLE !!!
    Hope you have good Terlingua Dreams and a HAPPY DAY !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Butterbean - hope you get your issue resolved and once again enjoy the joys of a fast internet connection. I do not really care for my ISP but having had dial-up for years I do not want to go back to the slow speeds :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.