Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Answering Readers e-mails

Received an e-mail from one of my readers asking if Governors Landing was run by the City or State since it was still opened last week when I did a post on the purple sage http://terlinguadreams.blogspot.com/2013/10/purple-sage-governors-landing.html


They also wanted to know if Diablo East Marina remained opened.  I was unable to check it out yesterday as I only got as far as San Pedro Campground.  However, the answer is that all installations at the Amistad Reservoir are run by the Federal Government.


Swung by Diablo East Marina and was greeted by a nice young Park Ranger who proceeded to tell me why the Marina was closed but offered to let me in if I owned a boat or was visiting someone there. Since the answer was negative, I thanked him kindly and proceeded to Governors Landing though he had already informed me it was closed as well.


 I have never seen my favorite campground closed so I went for the photo op.


Yeap, it was closed :-(


If anyone has any questions please leave me a comment or e-mail me at terlinguadreams@gmail.com

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. There was supposed to be a demonstration at the park entrance here, but from what I hear only the promoter showed up. I also hear that the city of Alpine has filed something to reopen the park. Guess we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame that all this is happening...darn politicians!!!

      It really hurts small towns like Study Butte, Terlingua, Lajitas and Del Rio who rely on tourism to the National Parks to sustain themselves. Shame, shame!!!

      Delete
  2. Although I haven't had the time to check it out personally, I believe that the Air Force Marina is open. They are not under the control of the NPS, but are instead controlled by DOD. You can also launch at Amistad Acres if you know how to find what passes for a ramp there.

    On another note. Now that the weather is getting cooler I'll be back to tackle some more of those mesquite trees you love so much Belinda. I just know you'll be sorry to see them go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cliff, I was wondering what had happened to you!

      Thanks for that information on the Air Force Marina maybe it might help some readers out there in the blogosphere. I never heard of Amistad Acres ramp but then again I don't own a boat.

      Come on over whenever you like and make those horrible mesquite trees disappear...I promise not to shed too many tears :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.