Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Purple Sage / Governors Landing

With the recent rains the purple sage has decided to gift us with its last show of the season.  Everywhere you go around town you see it.



The sage is always prettier going towards Lake Amistad.  However, we have had a lot of wind lately so many have lost its foliage.  Decided a drive to my favorite campground Governors Landing was in order.






Wish I had a better camera to pick up on the deep colors as I do not feel these pictures do it justice.




The good news is that the lake levels seem to be going up.  Water is starting to encompass larger areas but we still have a long ways to go.







 


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I love that purple sage. We have two really nice ones on either side of our gate. They really work well. I wonder, would anyone be upset if I just drove along the road out there with a shovel and, well, helped myself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it is not in private property I imagine you could. However, they are a bugger to dig up. I once dug up a little one so I could plant it in my house in Houston but I ended up mangling it.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.