Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, January 9, 2012

Cold and Windy

I woke up at 3:33 a.m. to the sound of a heavy downpour. Got up and looked out the window and was thankful that the rain predicted finally materialized. However, the heavy downpour only lasted five minutes and then it was just a light rain that ceased by 3:50 a.m.

For some unknown reason every time I have to go somewhere or do something important I cannot go to sleep…I hate that.  Early this morning I went to start up the car and brought it around the house.  Man, it was cold and windy!!  

This is not the type of weather that I would choose to go out in but we did not have much choice as mother had a doctor’s appointment and multiple errands to run.  Just as we were going out the door I heard the sound of a weed eater.  Yeap, it was Mata Gatos (Cat Killer) who finally decided to show up to finish cutting mom’s lawn (weeds).  Of all the beautiful days we have had since he came in December he decided to show up today on pretty much the worst day possible…go figure.

I am happy to report that I officially have a new checking account at IBC or should I re-phrase that and say “the gentleman and I whom unknowingly shared the same account number for four and a half years, now have separate new bank account numbers”.  I sincerely hope that this has served as a wake up call to their internal audit department as well as their management.

I do have to give credit to their branch manager who is a true professional and who addressed all my issues and concerns and made no excuses for her personnel.  I like people who are straightforward and honest. She is a great asset to the institution she works for.

You might ask, “Belinda why didn’t you open up an account at another bank?”  Have to admit that it did cross my mind, but up until the aforementioned incident I have never had any problems.  They are opened 7 days a week and most importantly they are the only bank in town that have a physical presence in Houston.

“Why is a physical presence in Houston important?”  I rarely if ever carry cash on me and if I have to pay to have my lawn mowed or do some repairs in my home I like to pay with a check.  The people that do this type of work usually do not have bank accounts thus the need for a physical presence so they can go cash them.

Mother and I were gone for about four hours.  When we came home I fully expected to find the lawn mowed, but he only weed ate around two trees and a bougainvillea shrub.  This is just totally unacceptable but I am going to stay out of this only because I do not want to upset her and she is after all the one who hired him and who is going to pay him, that is if he ever finishes.  Worthless, worthless, worthless…

Good night, it has been a long day.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. LOL....love the lawn mowing story. But I guess you know, that reminds me of the time....

    Now you see, there is a big difference in the way people handle their funds (pocket change) and pay for the little things. If I don't have a couple hunnert in my pocket, I'm look'n for the ATM to replenish my funds. You can buy some really neat stuff with cash, where with a check, you get only nasty looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have different ways of managing our pocket change. I like to keep track of even the most miniscule payment, like a pack of gum and I always ask for a receipt.

    Like to know where my money is going :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the bank account straight. You would think if that guy wants to get paid he'd finish the job?? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL MsB...would hate to go shopp'n with you ask'n for receipts for a pac of gum. Every time you make a cash withdrawal from the ATM you get a receipt. What's so hard bout that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that all got straightened out too Dave.

    Makes no sense to me either as to why he just doesn't finish and get paid but he pulls this stunt on her all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It used to drive my dad nuts for me to write checks for $1.00 and ask for receipts.

    I do not use ATM machines at all. You are missing the point Billy Bob I like to categorize my expenditures and know exactly where every cent went. I guess it is just the accountant in me :)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.