Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Observant Readers



Guys you all have made me chuckle with some of the e-mails I have received regarding the header picture.  Actually I was not able to locate that particular photo the other day when I did a post entitled “My Cyber Journal” and wanted to illustrate how even in the desert I bring along my Wal-Mart spiral notebooks to document my trip.

Some have asked if I work for Border Patrol…jajajajaja, no, I don’t.  Actually I purchased that hat at the cook-off back in 2006 just for laughs.  I bought it at Krazy Flats (the spectator side) where you will find more “off the wall vendors”.

One person wanted to know where I bought the milk in the cardboard container and why it was not in a cooler when the temperature gauge in the tent shows it to be 94 degrees.  Boy that one really surprised me; even I had not noticed that…you have good eyes.  That milk is one of the best kept secrets as far as I am concerned.  It does not have to be refrigerated until you open it and the four containers that I took did not expire until February 2012. This particular brand is Nutri Leche but there are many others.  I bought them in Bodegas Aurrera in Acuna but you can buy them anywhere in Mexico for just under a dollar each.

In the desert ice is neither cheap nor abundant. This year I only brought along one good ice chest and it was reserved for my beer, so the less I had to refrigerate the better.

One inquired about the DQ (Dairy Queen) beverage glass in my tent and if there was one in Terlingua.  The nearest DQ is in Alpine which is 80 miles away; I had stopped to eat dinner there before heading south. I normally do not throw anything away until the last day just in case I might need it.  I used the beverage container for drinking ice water.  You didn’t really think I drank beer all day did you? jajajajajaja…don’t answer that!!

For once in a long time Blogger is not giving me headaches and the problem I had with Cricket seems to have been resolved (knock on wood) so it has turned out to be a good Saturday. Hope you all had a great day as well.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.
  

8 comments:

  1. MsB, my blog issue's have been resolved too I think. I'm glad your up and running, it's sooo frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's cross our fingers and hope it remains that way.

      Delete
    2. It"s human nature to look in the corners, under the table, sneak a peep in the closet to get a look at the person we are talking to. I'm guilty of looking beyond the focal point of a photo to the surroundings. You know what I'm talk'n bout, that pile of dishes in the sink, an old dirty pair of socks stuffed up under the couch, a half eaten hamburger. Yeah, we all do it.
      I'm still having a few problems with Blogger, but I learned how to get around the little irritabilities.....GRRRRRR

      Delete
    3. I guess I had never looked at it from that point of view but you sure know how explain it with the touch of humor that can bring people to tears from laughing so much :D

      I did not think you were experiencing problems with Blogger as I never heard you mention it until now.

      Delete
  2. Just as I typed my reply to Billy Bob, I noticed that Blogger has once again changed my blog's time clock to Pacific time...(me pointing my finger at my PC as if it were a gun) GRRRRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MsB, I shutter to think what next big change Blogger will decide to make. As far as I'm concerned the last several have been totally lame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first satellite launches into space were not exactly successful either. But we did finally arrive on the moon. When Newt starts his first colony on the moon, I suspect there will be a few difficulties there too.....like ya gonna die 'cause there ain't no oxygen.

      Delete
    2. I totally agree with you Tffnguy :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.