Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lazy start to the New Year



Stayed up late last night on fireworks watch.  Everything pretty much settled down by 1:00 a.m., which was surprising for this street.  I am happy to report that this year I did not hear any guns go off at midnight.

I still remember when I lived full time in Houston that I had to go hide out in the master bathroom ten minutes before midnight and stay there till ten minutes after.  This due to  irresponsible people who would fire off their guns despite heavy media coverage against it and hefty fines.  It was like I was in a war zone.

I was hoping to be able to spend New Year’s in Terlingua, something I have wanted to do since back in 1999 when we greeted 2000 and all the hype about Y2K.  But alas we were so busy they cancelled all of our holiday vacations that year but allowed us to carry them to the next year.

If we got rid of cable, which is something we are serious considering, the only cable channel that I would miss is HGTV.  I have been enjoying marathon sessions of House Hunters International.  It is like going on vacation from the comfort of your living room sofa.

I have often wondered how these people can afford to live in such exotic places and pay such outrageous prices for their homes.  In many of these locations you have to come to the table with cash money, as there is no financing.  In those countries where foreigners cannot buy property they rent at very elevated prices, or at least in my book $5,000 USD a month is elevated to say the least.

Oh well, they can keep their wonderful and exotic locations…I will take Terlingua over any of them.

Hope you are well rested and may you all have a wonderful start to your New Year.

Wanted to thank Ben in Texas for signing on as a follower even though he has been reading me since almost the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. And we are off on another year, may it be good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Ms B, hope you and Mom are doing well, 2012 has GOT to be better for us all I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you as well Suerte.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.