Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Val Verde Regional Medical Center

The weekend may have started off slow but this week sure has gone by in a flash.  Got a call from mother’s doctor’s office that she needed to go take some X-ray’s at the local hospital before her next appointment.  One good thing about living in a small town is that I can drop her off at the main entrance and then not have to go very far to find a parking space.  In San Antonio or Houston it is a nightmare to do so with the added burden of having to pay to park.


This is the newer section of the hospital.  I say newer but it is over a decade.







When I was a kid I don’t ever remember going to the hospital.  When my parents friends were hospitalized they went by themselves, I never accompanied them.  It took me 38 years to ever set foot inside the building and that was only because my dad had a stroke. 

This is the original part of the hospital.  It now houses the accounting office, cafeteria and supply warehouse.






Many people come to this hospital from surrounding towns such as Eagle Pass, Uvalde, Brackettville, and Comstock as it is the largest of the hospitals in the nearby counties and many people don’t like having to drive to San Angelo or San Antonio to visit the radiology department.  It is a pretty busy hospital that is why I have learned to make two trips, one to pre-register her and then the actual appointment.  Experience has taught me not to try to do both on the same day.





Last month I got a Christmas card with an accompanying free oil and filter change from the local Toyota dealership as well as a free car wash.  Can’t beat that with a stick so decided to take advantage of them both.



Could not help but notice that there were hardly any customers today.  Maybe they sold a lot of cars during the annual Toyotathon and the salespeople are taking a break?  Not too many people getting their cars serviced either but that worked to my advantage as I was in an out in about an hour.

2 comments:

  1. MsB, hope all turns out well for your Mom.

    As for the free stuff from the car place they probably know when the slow times are going to be so give stuff like that away for several reasons. To keep their people busy when there wouldn't normally be anything to do and its probably a tax write off to?

    When I was going AC/Heating work we did about the same thing. (Well not free, but deep discounts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right Dave, it must be to keep their people busy but most importantly it is a tax write off for them.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.