Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lazy Sunday

I forced myself to go to bed early last night (early for me) 3:30 a.m. woke up to the yapping of the neighbors two Chihuahua’s at 9:00 a.m.  Well at least they slept in because they usually start their barking much earlier during the workweek. Why do little dogs bark at nothing?

It was rather chilly this morning but needed to do laundry.  My room is a mess and mother “suggested” that it might need cleaning.  Lol, sometimes I feel like a teenager.  Actually the room is clean, what it needs is de-cluttering.
 
This is the smallest of the sheds they have at Home Depot


This would be the ideal size but it was locked and it did not have a price.
This month marks three years that they broke into my home in Houston.  They took everything of value and them some.  The sad part was that the original thieves took the things they could easily pawn…my computer, my LV purses and duffle bag, 15 cases of laminate flooring, and a lot of remodeling supplies that the person I hired never got around to installing.

My next door neighbor “the town crier” alerted the neighbors to the fact that my house had been burglarized and that it was now unlocked.  So it was open season at my house and they took everything else, towels, sheets, a folding table, bags of charcoal, a floor jack, my silverware, blender, the molcajete my grandmother had given dad, the food in the refrigerator and whatever else I had in the pantry.  Not to mention the neighbor kids that went in and stole trinkets, nail polish, perfume, costume jewelry, make-up, even my electric hair rollers!!

This is a good option as well, not so the price.
It has lots of room for my boxes but ofcourse the shelves are extra.

Since that time I have brought a lot of my files, important paperwork and clothes to Del Rio.  The problem is that mother’s house is small and the only place I can put my boxes is in my bedroom.  My bedroom also doubles as a guest room so if we have company, those boxes have to be moved or there isn’t sufficient space for them to maneuver around.  I have been looking for alternate solutions such as purchasing a storage shed, but the price has been the limiting factor, isn't it always?


In an ideal world and if I won the lottery, I would definitively consider this barn shed.


Though I must admit, it might be overkill.

No telling how long before I could not climb these stairs to the loft area
Today I only mustered the strength to move around a couple of boxes.  Like Scarlett O’Hara would say “tomorrow is another day”.

Hope you had a great weekend may your workweek be even better.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I could probably live in any of them, except the one that is locked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the barn shed was given a serious look for turning into a home for me before I moved into an RV. Having wheels is much better for me than tied to the dirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house version of this barn is ideal for a cabin in Terlingua but the price is not in my budget. Could buy 40 acres for the cost of this structure.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.