Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, March 16, 2012

Love in the Fruit and Vegetable Section

I do not know why when we have somewhere to go, I cannot go to sleep the night before.  Such was the case last night.  We had to go to the Betty Boop hating ophthalmologist for mom’s three-week follow-up and referral to the Uvalde, Texas eye doctor who will be removing her cataracts.

Have a lot riding on this appointment because once I know the date then I can make definitive plans to go home to Houston and take care of a lot of loose ends.  As luck would have it when his nurse tried to set-up an appointment it turns out that on Friday’s the Uvalde office closes at noon, so will have to wait till Monday to know the exact date.

Did you know Dollar Tree sells cookies from foreign countries such as Argentina, Poland, Canada, and Spain to name a few?  I am not much into pastries or sweets but my mother bought out the store.

We had to go to HEB to pick up a prescription and was glad to find that for a Friday they did not have as many people as one would expect which thrilled me beyond believe.  I do not like crowds…except for the chili cook-off in Terlingua.

While at the pharmacy mother ran into a friend of hers, who told her a mutual acquaintance of theirs had gotten married and was on her honeymoon.  She was a widow in her late sixties who ran into an old friend of hers of all places HEB.  I was witness to that re-encounter, was going say Hi to her but decided not to interrupt.  Guess there is still hope for me yet… need to start hanging out at the fruit and vegetable section.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.