Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Have been sleeping like a baby

If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that I tend to stay up late at night not necessarily because I want to.  Part of it is because I am a night owl but mostly because for years I have suffered from insomnia.

When I was taking my cholesterol lowering medication one of the side effects was that it made me sleepy (in case you are not familiar with this type of medication you take it at night when your body tends to produce cholesterol).  Quit taking it when my doctor no longer gave out free samples of Crestor. I found out it would cost over $200.00 for a 30 day supply as I have no health insurance.

I am therefore happy to report that for the past three nights I have slept like a baby and have fallen asleep before midnight.  I don’t know if it was because I laughed like crazy during the late night show monologues that I had not watched in a long while and they relaxed me to the point that I fell asleep?  Will not question it, just grateful.  I apologize to all the blogs I follow for not having paid you a visit these past couple of nights but this is the reason why.



Was so hot Friday this vendor was inside the bank cooling off as he waited for customers in Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila.

Mom wanted me to take her to the beauty parlor so her wish is my command.  She has been going to this beauty shop in Ciudad Acuna for years but the owner sold her business two years ago though the lead hairstylist is still there.  There was just something about the new owner that did not sit well with either one of us so we decided to look for a new establishment.

We have found it!! This is our second visit to this beauty shop and we really like her, plus she has excellent prices, an accessible location, parking and a great personality.  A haircut and style cost $60.00 Mexican pesos (yesterdays exchange rate was $12.00 pesos to sell dollars, $12.30 pesos to buy dollars) or the equivalent of $5.00 USD.  Mother and I are sporting new do’s.


Our new stylist and her daughter who turned six this particular day.

I want to welcome Dave who signed on as a follower.  His blog is Living Out Here http://livingouthere.blogspot.com/

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like everyone is getting new hair do's. Maybe in my case its a hairless Do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Tffn :)

      While I was getting my haircut I thought of you and the scalping party at the Legion. At least you all had beer...

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.