Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cold, Windy and some Wine

The howling wind woke me up this morning.  What a difference from Saturday which was a warm and sunny day in the 70's...but it's winter and you got to roll with the punches.  Have to be grateful I am not up north freezing my tush off.

I had every intention of keeping my date with the laundromat...had two fresh rolls of quarters BUT...there is always a but...the place was jammed packed!  What is the matter with these people, do they not know it is Sunday, a day to be at home with the family, go to church, watch the Super Bowl?

Since I was already out and about, I decided against my better judgement to go to HEB.  My plan was to go wash and by the time I finished, the Super Bowl would have already started and the store would be empty.  I remember back in the 90's in Houston...either Kroger's or Randall's, I don't remember which (I suffer from CRS)...would offer 10% off...if you shopped during the game.  It was great to shop with no crowds in the big city and get a discount to boot!

HEB was packed and everyone seemed to be in a jovial mood.  Only had three things on my list...bananas, milk and paper towels.  Noticed they had a lot of food tasting booths today and as I passed one, the lady asked me if I wanted to taste some wine.  Remember back in August 2013, I sampled some wine as well as Frio Light Beer?  http://terlinguadreams.blogspot.com/2013/08/wine-and-beer-tasting-at-heb.html

Well, it was the same wine but this time it tasted awful!  I had bought the wine for steak night in Terlingua but since my friends with the food did not attend this year and I had back problems I did not take the wine or the six pack of Frio Light...it is still in the refrigerator awaiting my review, lol :D

Hope the team you were rooting for won and/or that you got lucky numbers in your football pot.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.