Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Trip to Post Office / Recycling Center / Dollar Tree

Stayed up late last night writing checks so had to drive into town to mail them. I mentioned back in December 2019 that my post office lost two of my payments including their own payment for my annual P.O. Box fee. Their excuse was that they had new personnel. Since then another payment has been lost in the mail so I now mail things from Post Office #2 which is the main post office in Del Rio. This is where you can apply for a passport or renew your existing one in this area.

Post Office #2 in Del Rio, Texas
I had so many plastic bottles, metal cans, and junk mail that I needed to take to the Recycling Center and I took the opportunity to do so this afternoon.


I then headed to Post Office #1 so I could pick up my mail since it had been 9 days since I was last there.

This weekend I washed my favorite tennis shoes only to find that one of the traction strips (not sure of the correct terminology) was coming apart so I needed some super glue to re-attach it.  I decided to head to Dollar Tree to purchase some.

I had mentioned that Dollar Tree was now selling stuff costing more than that...now $3.00 and $5.00...so decided to photograph those items.

Fabuloso, Ajax and Palmolive...


Laundry detergent...


I know Clorox cleaners with bleach are in low supplies elsewhere but they had plenty on hand for $3.00.


Storage containers...


Pet beds are very reasonable may buy some in the winter to put in the boys' cuchas.


Electronics...



Plenty of Scott toilet paper and other no-name brands with no limits for $1.00 a four-pack.


I had no idea they also sold Viva paper towels...


I really did not need anything just bought super glue, a yellow highlighter, and some canned mushrooms (actually they come in glass containers) for my salads.

It was cloudy in the morning but the sun finally came out this afternoon.  We had a low of 73 and a high of 93 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


6 comments:

  1. I have not been in the Dollar Tree here since you first mentioned the price increase. I have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of their stuff still remains a dollar but have added name brands such as the Clorox cleaner for $3.00 and $5.00 at this time.

      I have no doubt higher price merchandise will be added soon they are probably giving us a chance to get used to it before hiking up the prices.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever considered setting some of the regular bill payments on Automatic Debit to your bank account. That way you never have to worry about late payments as long as the money is in the account.
    Dollar Tree is probably so well stocked because of their increased prices. Basically keeping up with Dollar General to stay in business.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have most of my monthly bills set up for automatic withdrawal or I pay them online. There are other payments that I either can not do that for or prefer to pay by check.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to go to Dollar Tree after my Dr. on Friday but my daughter said that she and Aliya wanted to stop by on friday. So I guess I won't be going there. Haven't been in the Dollar Tree since mid March. Another great Auntie Acid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that at least my Dollar Tree was very well stocked. Had it not been that I needed the Super Glue I probably would not have gone.

      Glad you enjoyed today's Aunty Acid.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.