Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Unsolicited buyer / Prescriptions / Lunch Plates and more beer

It was going to be a warm day so I was outside watering the trees by 7:30 a.m.  At this hour it was still pleasant when a car came to a stop by the fence and a man got out without a face mask on...I did not have one on either as I was in my home with two locks on the main gate and not expecting company.

I did not walk to the fence I just asked him what he needed and he yells that he wanted to know if my van was for sale (Terlita my camping van) and I told him it was NOT.  He does not go away asks me if it runs...what difference does it makeIt is not for sale...grrrrrrrrrr!!!  I was polite and told him it did not. He then asks me what is wrong with it, I reply the transmission went out on it. Then he asks what kind of motor it has.  I was losing my cool...told him I had NO idea.  He asks again if I was sure I did not want to sell it...my polite reply was...No, Sir... as I moved on to a tree further from the fence.

This man wants to buy Terlita, Pollito wants to buy Mom's mini-van and a creepy man wants to purchase dad's old car.  Excuse me but I do not have a For Sale Sign on any of our cars. Ok...end of rant!

I called it a morning and went inside to take a shower to cool off and calm down.  I usually do not go online until the evening but I was waiting for an e-mail from my new health care professional but his staff is so incompetent I am having second thoughts even though I like him.

That is when I got an e-mail from HEB notifying me my prescriptions were ready to be picked up...darn has a month already gone by? With or without a pandemic time sure flies by in my little world. Our temperatures are in the high 90's and starting next week we will be in the triple digits.


After some consideration decided to go pick them up today using their drive-thru. I apologize for the poor quality as my windshield was dirty...I need to stop off at the carwash soon!


It was past noon and I was hungry so I decided to go back to the same Stripes as yesterday to purchase some lunch plates. Today I did not crop the pictures so you could see the plexiglass that protects the food from people sneezing on it.


In this picture, you can see the plexiglass goes almost all the way down leaving about an inch clearance towards the bottom.  You might have to enlarge it by clicking on it as I have a cheap cellphone that takes terrible pictures.


Here are the Salsa and Fruit Bars that have been closed since the pandemic began.


My lunch plate consisted of a Chile Relleno, with rice and beans with a flour tortilla that I had to give to the cats :-(


The other lunch plate was half a chicken with rice and green beans.


Yesterday when I came to purchase my breakfast tacos it was early in the morning. Today it was past noon so they had even more beer for sale for our Mexican neighbors though actually since the border is officially closed only American citizens or legal residents can cross it into Mexico.








Today we had a low of 76 a high of 99 with a heat index of 104 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day


14 comments:

  1. I was thinking about the Aunty Acid question, more along the life skills/job training line unless you made the booze that went into the cocktail :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are not using the vehicles and don't intend to it might be wise to sell them. A few dollars in your pocket and less maintenance.
    The food at stripes looks tasty.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying comfortable.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no intention of selling our vehicles Rick. There is no maintenance involved as they are NOT registered and therefore not insured.

      Whatever little money they would give us for them is not worth our while. I am surprised no one can see that if we have these vehicles it is for OUR PROTECTION. We are two women living ALONE in NOT the best neighborhood in town. Having all these vehicles gives the impression that a lot more people live here.

      Delete
    2. You are brilliant! I wouldn't have thought of that, but it is a good thing to make it look like you have more people in your household.

      Delete
    3. I do not know about brilliant Gypsy but it works for us.

      Delete
  3. Your food looks delicious. I get hungry just thinking about it.
    It is weird that people are scoping out your property. Always someone who is trying to take advantage. It is good you keep your guard up.
    I find it strange when people want to advise me on what I should or should not do with my property or my life. I am not sure why people would do that? I make my own decisions, always have. Some good, some not so good, but MY decisions. I think you are the same way, but more polite than I am.
    Stay safe, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am suspicious by nature Penelope. My dad always quoted a Spanish saying "Piensa mal y acertarás" which more or less translates to...think the worst and you will be in the ballpark.

      Since we live alone I have to be aware of what goes on around us in particular now that the neighbor's worthless step-son moved back home.

      I am very independent and have always made my own decisions as well...good or bad but like you mention MY decisions. I would like to think people want to give brotherly or fatherly advice?

      Stay safe as well Ms.Penny!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Stripes. We got one a few years ago....great. I've only checked in for breakfast, but if they have chile rellenos...well. I'm done for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Stripes as well! One can get an almost like homecooked meal for $4.99 cheaper and healthier than a hamburger.

      Each Stripes has different food selections so you might have to ask your store if chile rellenos are on their menu.

      We have six Stripes in town. My favorite is on the main drag on the north part of Del Rio and they do not make them very often. This Stripes is a truck stop on the south side (closer to the house) so they have them on their menu several times a week.

      Delete
  5. Those plates looked so good. We had a place right around the coner for the longest time. The food was so good and they made it right while you waited for most of it. After being gone for a few months I came home and drove right there to get food after the long drive home, I walked all the way to the door before I realized they were nolong there :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chile rellenos but I can only treat myself once in a while as they have a lot of calories...the same goes for the breakfast tacos.

      I remember reading on your blog about the restaurant near your house that went out of business. It is sad when you lose a favorite dining place.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.