Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Campground Scouting Report

I believe my last outing to Lake Amistad was back on the 4th of July.  Much to my mother’s chagrin I decided to go check out San Pedro’s Campground.  This campground is the largest one we have in Lake Amistad, it has 35 sites, and a large covered picnic area that you can reserve for large groups, vault toilets and a special walk-in only tent area.  It is $4.00 a night, $2.00 if you have a Golden Age/Golden Access card.

 I knew there would not be many campers but I was saddened to see only a young couple  taking in the beautiful sunset.  They must have been locals as I did not see that they had any camping equipment.

Though it was getting a bit late decided to go check out Governors Landing.  This campground has 15 sites, each with a covered picnic table and a BBQ grill but with the burn ban in effect you can only use gas grills or propane stoves.  That goes for all the campgrounds on the lake until further notice.

Governors Landing is my favorite campground and the only one that has potable water. Fee is $8.00 or half price with your Golden Age/Golden Access card.  It sits high on a hill and you get beautiful views of the lake.

This being the last holiday weekend of summer I figured there would be more people but only 4 sites were occupied.  I don’t know if it is due to the fact that school has already started, the economy or both.  So if you would like to come down to the border and don’t care for crowded campgrounds keep Amistad National Recreational Area in mind.  That ends my Chamber of Commerce plug of the day.

Good night.  Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting campground descriptions and comments. It helps me in choosing a place to stay .....especially if they are dog friendly.

    Andrea (a Minnesota Girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Andrea. The Amistad National Recreational area is dog friendly.

    Thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.