Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So I'm a wimp!!

I had a terrible night.  I was sweating profusely but I did not know if it was because I am sick or because of the humidity.  It was hot and muggy even with the ceiling fans going.  Finally was able to go to sleep around 6:00 am but only managed to sleep until 10:30 a.m.

Went to run errands and when I came back the house was a living inferno.  Sorry, I'm a wimp...but I turned on the air conditioning!!  It is now nice and cool in here :-)

Now on a different topic every year when I go to chili cook-off I take two tents expect for last year because my trusted van Terlita was having transmission issues and I had to take another vehicle.

You're probably asking yourself, Belinda why would you need two tents?  Very good question,  You see your first night there you probably have had very little sleep staying up packing and repacking your vehicle and making sure that you don't forget something important, like your beer :D

When you first get there, you are too busy greeting everyone and someone always hands you a beer and asks you to sit a spell and chat.  Repeat this several times as more people from your camp and/or surrounding camps arrive.  So after a couple of beers, some grilled steaks, good music and dancing, setting up a big tent is not a priority.  Thus the reason for two tents, one for the first and last night and your regular tent for the other days.

I had no problem finding my first and last day tent but I have no idea where the poles are.   I sure hope they were not in the shed they broke into :-(

Well guys I sure am sleepy.  I have no doubt I will have sweet Terlingua Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.