Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Traveling Day

Made myself go to bed at 2:00 am this morning but did not manage to nod off until sometime after 4:00 am.  Woke up at 6:30 am stared loading the car and by the time I knew it, it was already 8:40 am.

No problem at the Border Patrol inspection point on highway 90E.  This time they did not ask me where I was going, only my citizenship. They must of been tired from all the holiday travelers that went by this weekend.

About 20 miles after San Antonio I found me a front door (by the way is that still proper CB lingo?)  It was a Houston Police Canine Unit patrol car, figured it was not his jurisdiction so he could not ticket me, cruised at 80 mph until I pulled over at a rest area.

A little past Katy Mall there were some longhorns grazing and they had set up a blue EZ up shade for them two were resting under it.  Reminded me of Benita, too bad I misplaced my camera.

There never is a good time to enter Houston city limits but I have found that if I time it after the lunch hour and before the afternoon rush hour, traffic  is tolerable.  Made it home at 3:10 pm.  Had not even taken in the second load when my wonderful neighbor "The Town Crier" came out to inform me that they had broken into my shed.

All the neighbors try to avoid her because we have caught her in so many lies.  She has 5 dogs, one of them pretty fierce, so why didn't he bark?  He is always barking at me when I 'm home.   I had nothing but junk in the shed so no big loss.

Had take out at Taco Bell, we don't have one in Del Rio.  Feels good to have my pick of places to eat right around the corner without having to drive into town to satisfy my taste buds.

Bought a 16 oz cup of coffee this morning to keep me awake but my god I am still jittery.  I don't know how Billy Bob and Ben can drink so much coffee and it not affect them.  I sure hope I'm able to sleep tonight and catch me some Terlingua Dreams.

Dani, thank you for signing up as a follower :-)

4 comments:

  1. LOL

    I also get the jitters when I drink coffee - so I've stopped. My husband drinks about 12 cups a day! Dunno how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 12 cups a day is a LOT of coffee. I guess it just depends on your constitution. Apparently you and I have a weak one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billy Bob and Ben need coffee so they can resemble normal human beings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are going to get mad at you Nick :)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.